Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere

/ Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #11  
No not correct. Obviously, we'd be using fusion for clean energy and be on the other planets. If we had the knowledge and wisdom to understand our impact on our environment, we be better equipped to make better decisions. Environment isn't just the green stuff, it's all of it, including how we are living in it. Besides, i'd be SOL banging rocks together, only rocks i have on my place were brought in for the road.
I think we're not communicating. I know a bit about the environment; I am a retired Environmental Attorney. My point was that Mankind is one of the only species that can adapt the environment (or nature) to their own purposes to survive. We adapt our environment to keep us warm, cool, dry, for transportation and communication. We raise our own food instead of hunting and gathering.
We may not always adapt it in the best way; in fact we have been somewhat self destructive in the past, but we're learning...but if we didn't have these knowledge and skills, we would still be hunting rabbits with clubs and rocks and gathering wild fruit, nuts and veggies and huddling in a cave to keep warm.

/ Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #14  
If I'm in the suburbs of Boston, there must be 3 rabbits to a 1/2 acre yard. The neighborhood is thick with them, even though I see the odd hawk, owl, or fox.

In the woods of Vermont though, in nearly 12 years I have not seen a single rabbit. Rarely rabbit tracks one or twice in the winter, but no rabbits. I don't know if it's the owls that keep their numbers down, or coyotes, or what. The fox population isn't that high here (though they' around).

I'm thinking I'd trade you voles for rabbits. Voles have decimated our gardens, and lately they're undermining the foundations of my landscaped stone walls. The fences have to be well buried and totally secure to keep the voles out, it's a level of fence quality I have not achieved. The result is that my wife can plant a dozen tomatoes and the entire plants are eaten to the ground in no time.

So whatever deters the rabbits here doesn't work on voles at all. Not sure what to do about the voles, it's a drag though.

/ Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #15  
   / Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #17  
I think we're not communicating. I know a bit about the environment; I am a retired Environmental Attorney. My point was that Mankind is one of the only species that can adapt the environment (or nature) to their own purposes to survive. We adapt our environment to keep us warm, cool, dry, for transportation and communication. We raise our own food instead of hunting and gathering.
We may not always adapt it in the best way; in fact we have been somewhat self destructive in the past, but we're learning...but if we didn't have these knowledge and skills, we would still be hunting rabbits with clubs and rocks and gathering wild fruit, nuts and veggies and huddling in a cave to keep warm.

Goes great on the open fire grill...!

/ Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #18  
Since we opened the property up by removing 1800 trees, hawks and Great horned owls are getting fed good. The owls have been raising young for a few years now so not many bunnies.

/ Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #19  
We have been slammed with them too. My poor dog is killing about 12 a week and I have to get rid of the bloody mess. She likes to ripe the heads off.

I am in cattle and deer county so other than birds of prey there is nothing to keep them in check I guess.

Had some buddy's come over last week gave them a day to get as many as they wonted to take home and the 4 of them had 43 of them. I bet they wont need to buy meat for a wile now.

/ Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere #20  
No rabbit problem here but turkeys getting to be problem.