radial tires and liquid ballast

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #61  
Wonder if wheel weighted tires last longer than fluid filled tires?

I’d bet they do. My guess is liquid beats up the tire sidewalls and deteriorates the rims from the inside out.
It may even put more stress on bearings, seals and axle splines, causing earlier failure, but I don’t think that can’t be proven

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #62  
I do a lot more than 200 hours a year on both of mine and as far as liquid fill, I'd assume it would decrease pulling power from frictional loss.

Like I said earlier, I only get them with cast centers. One nice thing about cast centers is, it's easy to wheel space as well.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #63  

I’d bet they do. My guess is liquid beats up the tire sidewalls and deteriorates the rims from the inside out.
It may even put more stress on bearings, seals and axle splines, causing earlier failure, but I don’t think that can’t be proven
Everything I've read says weight on the wheel/tire assembly is much easier on the driveline than weight added to the chassis.

I've not read anything that compares stress between cast wheel weights and fluid.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #66  

Bio ballast claims it preserves tires. I don’t know and have no way to evaluate that. They also have a compatible tire sealer that they claim will seal holes up to 1/4”.

/ radial tires and liquid ballast
My interset is mostly stability for loader use. Wouldnt liquid ballast provide better stability than cast weights because, proportionally, the liquid would be closer to the ground, lowering the center of gravity?

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #68  
My interset is mostly stability for loader use. Wouldnt liquid ballast provide better stability than cast weights because, proportionally, the liquid would be closer to the ground, lowering the center of gravity?
Possibly, but what about the water above the axle? (assuming you put the max water in them).

/ radial tires and liquid ballast #69  
Yep. That's a discussion point for "fluiders". And it's mathematically correct.