Radiator plastic repair

/ Radiator plastic repair
If you view the Polyvance video, it shows making some major repairs, then testing at working temp afterward. What did concern me is that their process involves heating to a fairly tight range, melting and adding material like welding. The result is quite impressive but if I were to try, I’d like to try on a test sample first. Finding a junk radiator should not be hard as Denso supplies to Toyota, Honda, Ford, Caterpillar, and others.
I watched that video and looked around but no one here (Canada) seems to sell it. Was not willing to order it as it would take a long time to get most likely.

I repaired a crack in the upper tank of a radiator on a JD mower that had been damaged that I picked up for free at a shop. I ground out the crack a little and roughed up the surrounding area, them patched it with JB Weld. Bend holding leak free for 20 years.
Awesome to hear!

Are there any radiator shops around who could make you an old fashion brass radiator?

I wonder how much that would cost?
I had a guy offer to do that but couldn't find the right rad so far to rebuild one. I'm hoping my repair holds and I won't need another one.

/ Radiator plastic repair #24  
Are there any radiator shops around who could make you an old fashion brass radiator?

I wonder how much that would cost?
My best guess for cost......heart stoppage is likely...... eye watering at best

/ Radiator plastic repair #25  
I used JB weld on a crack in a Jeep Liberty radiator. Held for years and eventually the car got stolen. You should be good.

/ Radiator plastic repair #26  
Has anyone switched to waterless coolant? My understanding it does not wear out, corrode or require pressure. Might help with plastic radiators?

Has anyone switched to waterless coolant? My understanding it does not wear out, corrode or require pressure. Might help with plastic radiators?
Never heard of it.

/ Radiator plastic repair #28  

Common in industrial applications, racing, and collectible cars. Jay Leno says that’s the first thing they do when gets new a vehicle.

Never done it. Over time it may be cost effective. Parts, maintenance and labor are getting ridiculously expensive.

/ Radiator plastic repair #30  
I have used JB Weld to successfully repair radiator tanks also however, I attempted the same repair as the OP with JB Weld and it failed. Problem is the stress that is induced by the movement of the radiator while operating.