Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #41  
I always gave them my number when they asked. Of course they had no name listed for it in their system. When they asked for the name I replied "Cash...Sale"

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #42  
-. --. Radio Shack was a go to place when HAM radio kits were being sold to DIY ers. Nowadays its off the shelf gear that usually gets the bucks from the hams. ..ex VE8 RCS Collins guy -.--.. -.-. --.-

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #43  
Phone number?
867-5309.
Sir, "Jenny" doesn't match the name on your credit card.
That's okay son, it's personal and you don't want to know any more.

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #44  
The store here in Medina is privately owned. He has drawers of electronics and even has stereo's and turntables. Only 25% of the store is devoted to cell phone stuff. Glad he is staying open.

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #45  
Yep . I just told them I had no phone . If the clerk didn 't like it, I told him to put in his own number . If I still got guff I just walked out .

The last company I worked for before I retired had a corporate account with RS. Even though I had the account #, the clerks would insist that I give them the phone # the account was opened under (which I did not know...I think it was a no-longer-in-use # at corporate HQ) so they could look it up themselves. Usually, after giving me a hard time for a few minutes and me holding my ground, they'd give in and look up the account # under the company name and process the sale. One clerk absolutely refused to ring up the transaction unless I gave him the phone #. Since I STILL didn't know the phone # I just walked out.
This ticked me off enough that when I got back to the office I went to RS's website and filed a complaint. Much to my surprise I got a call from the store (or regional, I forget) manager a few days later saying that this employee had been "dealt with". Hate to get someone fired, but if that was his idea of customer service he deserved it.

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #46  
Other people have given their "pet name" for Radio Shack. In college we referred to Radio Shack as "Rat Shack".

The last thing I bought from Radio Shack was a bluetooth earpiece for my cell phone. The only reason I bought it from RS is because my Dad gave me a $50 gift card that he had around for a year or longer and didn't know what he'd spend it on. If not for the free gift card I wouldn't have bought it from RS since their prices are higher for the same item vs. Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Ebay, etc.

I think what killed them is that they can't really offer anything special that really sets them apart from other retailers. I can buy a cell phone, stereo, TV, computer, or accessories anywhere. Other than the purchase I mentioned above the only thing I stopped in one of their stores for in the last 10 years was the occasional serial cable or handful of resistors I needed for a project at work.

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #49  
I miss the the old Radio Shack branded items such as CB radios, metal speakers, car speakers, 1/4 wave ground plane CB antenna, TV antennas, etc. All at great prices relative to the quality and usefulness.

/ Radio Shack Bankruptcy 2015 #50  
I miss the the old Radio Shack branded items such as CB radios, metal speakers, car speakers, 1/4 wave ground plane CB antenna, TV antennas, etc. All at great prices relative to the quality and usefulness.

I agree, but these are all pretty much a thing of the past. Unfortunately.