Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,031  
Could those cars aren't needed so why the rush to repair them. Maybe they put them for contract repairs and the bids came back higher than they are worth. Having been in in car Repair business, I can imagine more reasons than I just listed.
They have a car repair facility right there in Elkhart several hundred feet from where they are laying on their sides. Two of the cars are open top hoppers that can't be that badly damaged. I wonder too, just who owns the cars? Maybe there's some big insurance fight going on that hasn't been settled yet.
The ARMN/UP reefer car that is setting upright doesn't look all that badly damaged either. I would think an expensive car like that would begotten back in service ASAP.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#2,032  
They have a car repair facility right there in Elkhart several hundred feet from where they are laying on their sides. Two of the cars are open top hoppers that can't be that badly damaged. I wonder too, just who owns the cars? Maybe there's some big insurance fight going on that hasn't been settled yet.
The ARMN/UP reefer car that is setting upright doesn't look all that badly damaged either. I would think an expensive car like that would begotten back in service ASAP.
But who owns the car? Who's repair shop is near by? If it has a X in the cars name its then privetly owned. Even if the RR owns it, they still may have it out for bids or its not worth fixing.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,035  
That was really interesting. I remember the 70’s-a little…
It was a terrible time for railroads. It seemed like thats when American heavy industry collapsed in the rust belt combined with heavy recession, high interest rates and soaring fuel costs.

But hey, music and movies were great! lol

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,036  
All bets are off if the looming rail strike occurs.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,037  
Just another thing to add to the list...

Let's see, rail strike, ups strike, record inflation, fuel and fertilizer prices, rising inflation, higher interest, crime, etc... and the latest bug going around...

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,038  
Look on the bright side. Think of all the great train photos you can take when they're standing still! :confused:

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,040  
IMG_6835.JPG