Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,311  

This is a cool little guy. The owner is building a mini Disney Land western theme park. He has a mile of rail for it, 24 gauge I think he said. It will be for tourists to ride and also to harvest his grapes and Lavender. There will be wine and Lavander made goodies for sale.​

View attachment 839144
Note: Miniature Blomberg Trucks Clasp brakes Nice.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#3,312  
The Bessemer trio brought down six new ore cars (plus one old/new 70753) for more test dumping. Duluth, MN - January 8, 2024
417250203_10231202999161641_273139193174338051_n.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,314  
Thinking of railroads. Mom had a unique issue on her road. There is a sawmill/chip mill on the road.

At the end of the road exit there is a RR crossing at grade, then it drops about 5 feet to the cross road grade.

Twice in about a 2 week time period they had a truck that crossed the tracks, and somehow managed to dip down, snag the tracks and yank them out of place. Then apparently just drove off.

Fortunately neighbors were able to call the railroad company before a derailment.

I'm still not quite sure what happened, but it was probably a loaded chip trailer that had a low belly that snagged it.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,315  
I'm still not quite sure what happened, but it was probably a loaded chip trailer that had a low belly that snagged it.
Semis catch the trailer's "landing gear" all the time on steep rail crossings, and the like. Usually they just get hung up. Never heard of one yanking the rails off.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,318  
400 leaving Minntac this afternoon with steaming pellets and a blanket of fresh snow on the ground. 1/11/24 Minnesota, Mesabi range. Steamy pellets! View attachment 846193
Ah yes, ore jennies. The iron ore must not be coated with clay to make true pellets
otherwise they would not be able to dump them.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,319  
Ore or pellet cars are small. Seems its to fit over dock pockets or some mechanical reason for that.
The lower weight ore jennies are designed to fit over the dump pockets that fill the lake frieghter's cargo hatches specific width
as a standard hopper car with its belly dump doors cannot be dumped on the ore docks from one side.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#3,320  
The lower weight ore jennies are designed to fit over the dump pockets that fill the lake frieghter's cargo hatches specific width
as a standard hopper car with its belly dump doors cannot be dumped on the ore docks from one side.
I stated that a few pages back.