Snow Equipment Owning/Operating RAIN,SLEET & SNOW!

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Was out grading up a slag roadway into a housing development and had rain,sleet and snow all within about 1 hour. So, RAIN SLEET AND SNOW A CAB IS THE WAY TO GO! It was truely beautiful. I didn't feel any of that cold damp weather. When I got back to the house my wife ask if I heard the thunder or saw the rainbow. I missed that, must have been consintrating on the work at hand. Makes me miss my old JD870 a lot less. I bet I'm not going to miss putting on all those clothes to go out and plow snow at 4:30 am either.

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #2  
Suggest that you pack a coat, boots and gloves in the cab somewhere. It can be a long walk back for help.......Better yet, add a cell phone to list

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #3  
Yup Cabs are sure nice iunder those conditions. The lighter plug keeps a cup of coffee warm too.

Andy

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW!
Geez, I thought with a cab I could just plow snow in my underwear.

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #5  
Morning dirtworksequip.
Being warm and dry good thing,but having cab also can be safety thing...ever been bomb by falling clumps of snow 30' to 50' from tree limbs,scares the heck out of you also tingles the shoulder area if you get hit...heavy snow fall there times I wear helmet. :(

Day lights well be soon and the wind still howling,and I am not looking forward to cleaning the lawn etc... from falling(lumber) branches & limbs today...another hot cup if you please.

Last edited:
   / RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #6  
Thomas said:
Day lights well be soon and the wind still howling,and I am not looking forward to cleaning the lawn etc... from falling(lumber) branches & limbs today...another hot cup if you please.

I have to do the same thing today. 40+mph winds off and on all day yesterday.

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #7  
Morning roxynoodle.
Seems like mother nature has done some thining durning the night after quick inspection,sooo Bota w/trailer,chain saw,rake will be getting a work out today. :(

Good thing that nasty low pressure was rain not snow packing w/these high winds...yikes.

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #8  
dirtworksequip said:
Geez, I thought with a cab I could just plow snow in my underwear.

That's way more information than we need......:rolleyes:

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #9  
with this weather I went out and put my blower on yesterday and had to evict a mouse family. they had stuffed my headphines with maple seeds and had a nest in my desel rag go figure. So far we have had a bit of snow but not the 20 cm's they were calling for.

/ RAIN,SLEET & SNOW! #10  
Jerome- Ya'll just keep that white stuff your side of Lake Simcoe for another month....If you see Jason Ball or John Rumble say Hi....