Raising the 3 point the loader also rises

/ Raising the 3 point the loader also rises #11  
This manual for Prince loader valves shows how the detent springs work: http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/valves/LVManual.pdf
Page 11 is a center detent. Yours is likely similar.

The balls get forced out into a groove in the detent sleeve. If you can feel the center detent when pushing the lever forwards to drop the loader, then I think that your detent sleeve or its equivalent is worn out in the out (lever down) direction and is letting the spool come out. If you can't feel the detent in either direction then maybe the spring and/or balls are gunked up and not moving.

If it's worn, you probably can't get parts. The easiest thing would be to replace the valve.

Whatever you do, when it's working you should find a new boot and clean and lube the linkage before putting it on. Those parts are often made of pot metal and don't like being exposed to the elements.

/ Raising the 3 point the loader also rises
I really appreciate everyone's help. I will check the spring and the detent that has been called out in the next few days. I was just called out of state and will not be back until later in the week. So sad since I felt like I was making progress. When I get back I will check these things and let everyone know.

/ Raising the 3 point the loader also rises
Thank you all. I pulled the spring cover as suggested, the spring assembly can out in my hand. Somewhere along the life of the tractor it appears someone made an adjustment to lighten the spring loading and only had one or two threads left holding the spool on the spring, and all the spring loading was held in by the spring cover. I tightened the shaft that ran up to the spool to its stop and everything went into alignment.

The 3 point now works as it should without causing the loader to rise. For that matter, all the hydraulics work better and there is much more power and control of the FEL.

Thank you everyone for your help.

/ Raising the 3 point the loader also rises #14  
Greetings Bobog,
I have been following this thread and I know I'm not the only person who appreciates your posting the solution to your problem.
Thank You,
Eric