Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up

/ Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Just got the Ramsey wireless winch & looking for some more help with installation.

Dozernut had posted in my previous thread that he had installed the Ramsey 3000 wireless winch on his RTV, but I am looking for some more detail.

Where did you mount the solenoid, the wireless reciever and the toggel switch? I did not know the unit came with a hard wire toggle switch in addition to the wireless switch, but I am glad it did. If anyone has any pictures they could post of their installation that would be of great help.

/ Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up #2  
Where did you mount the solenoid, the wireless reciever and the toggel switch?
I mounted the solenoid under the front hood, and taped the antenna to the under side of the hood.
I carefully drilled out the blank that would be used for the turn signals and mounted the toggle switch there. It looks factory with the arrows above it; left for in and right for out.
I did not know the unit came with a hard wire toggle switch in addition to the wireless switch, but I am glad it did. If anyone has any pictures they could post of their installation that
would be of great help. )</font>
I have trouble getting pics small enough to fit on here. I'll try it. However, pm me with your email and I can send you better pics. I will admit that the only "original" idea I had was where to mount the toggle switch. Dozernut had already figured everything else out, including buying the welder lead wire for extensions for the power leads to the battery. Make sure you get the good crimp (smash) on ends for them as well. We crimped and soldered mine on with a little propane torch.

/ Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up
Not sure where you are talking about,so I will send you an email. Thanks.

/ Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up #4  
Slippy
I have a few pictures of my install plus a manual I could send you, but they are too large to send on this site. Send me a pm with your email address and I will send them to you.

/ Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up #5  
The Ramsey is the way to go, especially after seeing Dargo's and Dozernut's winches in person! I hope those pics emailed OK...if not let me know guys and I will host them on my website. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ramsey Winch & RTV installatin follow-up
Jippy:
Little confused by your post. Where you referring to the previous post where Dozernut offered to send me pics via my email, or did you send some pictures yourself? I have sent my email address to both Dargo and Dozernut as they have been so kind and offered to email me pictures. If I missed something, please let me know. Thanks.