Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #281  
My wife and I stopped at a little hole-in-the-wall convenience store in northern Alabama a few years ago. Very rural area, and I was dying for a Pepsi. The place reminded me of Mayberry. There were a couple of guys wearing bib overalls sitting on a bench drinking Dr. Pepper and the store was run by a little old lady and her son. They had homemade pie and cake on the counter that looked pretty good. I might have tried it if not for the abundance of flies. Anyway, they recognized us immediately as non-local and we spent half an hour or so hearing about the area and being given some tips on local attractions. Those folks were friendly as could be, and we enjoyed our short visit.

/ Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #283  
We get kids from DelVal that come here and work in the barn, as well as various other projects. I have several friends that are alumni as well.

Ah... the good ole days... Bucks County in the 70's was idyllic to say the least. We try to go back every year still...

/ Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #285  
They seem to come in small groups and with regular attendance. I don't have as many fans yet.

Yep... it is always the same few. They can't help themselves; and have shut down more threads than they have teeth... COMBINED teeth, that is....

/ Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #286  
Step, what was said about you bringing something out in people .. I think not .. if they're not somehow sensitized.

As for a few good ol' boys on their turf, different dress or stereotypes and an air of confidence can be intimidating.

And for me, that you might stay above post #285 (unedited) would seem more like the real you.

I promise those few folks we accept are far more appealing neighbors than they are posters responding to you.

I'd also be perfectly fine to have anyone who's posted in this thread as a neighbor.

Let's just be ourselves. IMO, we'll each need to be sure of what that is in coming weeks. Just my :2cents: from the middle of the road ...

/ Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #287  
Step, what was said about you bringing something out in people .. I think not .. if they're not somehow sensitized.

As for a few good ol' boys on their turf, different dress or stereotypes and an air of confidence can be intimidating.

And for me, that you might stay above post #285 (unedited) would seem more like the real you.

I promise those few folks we accept are far more appealing neighbors than they are posters responding to you.

I'd also be perfectly fine to have anyone who's posted in this thread as a neighbor.

Let's just be ourselves. IMO, we'll each need to be sure of what that is in coming weeks. Just my :2cents: from the middle of the road ...

Roger that. :thumbsup:

/ Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #288  
Yep... it is always the same few. They can't help themselves; and have [
B]shut down more threads[/B] than they have teeth... COMBINED teeth, that is....

LMAO...This has got to be the funniest post ever on TBN...Don't look now but that would be YOU that you're describing...LoL...

Speak oh toothless one...! :laughing:

/ Ran into one of my territorial neighbor's posts #290  
LMAO...This has got to be the funniest post ever on TBN...Don't look now but that would be YOU that you're describing...LoL...

Speak oh toothless one...! :laughing:

Dang it, beat me to that one!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.