ranch vehcile

/ ranch vehcile #11  
Well, measuring slope angle is tricky unless you have a device to measure it with...30 degrees is very steep and 45-52 is borderline insane steepness to be driving around on. I'm willing to bet if you measured these slopes with the proper devices you would find they are not as steep as you think by just looking at them.

/ ranch vehcile #12  
As a matter of fact, I did measure the angles. My driveway has a 100 foot stretch which rises about 25 feet. I call that a 23% grade just to be safe. The steps in my barn are 10 inches by ten inches. I call that a 45 % slope. In the winter I have soiled many undergarments on the driveway, especially because there is a 180% turn at the bottom of one of the grades.

/ ranch vehcile #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My driveway has a 100 foot stretch which rises about 25 feet. I call that a 23% grade just to be safe. )</font>

Actually it is closer to a 26% grade, or approximately a 14.5 degree incline.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The steps in my barn are 10 inches by ten inches. I call that a 45 % slope. )</font>

That would be a 45 degree incline, or a 100% slope.

/ ranch vehcile #14  
Thanks on the terminology.

I would say the areas that were close to 45% incline were of less than 15 feet driven not horizontal. In addition, I would say the slope was closer to the 10/12 pitch of my barn than the incline of my stairs. When I get my rtv I'll break out the builder's level and get a reference.

/ ranch vehcile #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would say the areas that were close to 45% incline )</font>

Do you mean a 45 degree incline or a 45% grade??? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ ranch vehcile #17  
It seems like the tilt meter would read 40-45.

/ ranch vehcile #18  
Here's an incline for ya.

Attachments

• 535169-White Knuckle-Green sm.jpg
    535169-White Knuckle-Green sm.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 189