Random Tractor Sightings

/ Random Tractor Sightings #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
My wife and I just completed a 5,000 mile trip to the Northwest, down along the northern California coast, and back through NV, AZ, and NM. While we certainly didn't take pictures of all/many tractors, there were some that just "begged" to have their pictures taken. The first is an old JD at Ragsdale/Stulp Farms in Lamar, CO. The second series of pictures is in front of a restaurant in Cascade Locks, OR just before Portland along the Columbia River. We stayed in the Best Western next door to this restaurant and couldn't resist the opportunity to shoot some photos of their collection.

Attachments

• RagStulpJohnDeere.jpg
    RagStulpJohnDeere.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 239
  • RagStulpJohnDeere2.jpg
    RagStulpJohnDeere2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 182
  • TractorCascadeLocksOr-2.jpg
    TractorCascadeLocksOr-2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 216
  • TractorCascadeLocksOr.jpg
    TractorCascadeLocksOr.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 200
  • TractorCascadeLocksOr-3.jpg
    TractorCascadeLocksOr-3.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 287
  • TractorCascadeLocksOr-4.jpg
    TractorCascadeLocksOr-4.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 311
   / Random Tractor Sightings #2  
Wow Jim, Cascade Locks. Barbara and I came through there back in Mid February. I84 is a gorgeous drive along the gorge.

James

/ Random Tractor Sightings
Wow Jim, Cascade Locks. Barbara and I came through there back in Mid February. I84 is a gorgeous drive along the gorge.

James

You are right, James. Also, a stop at Multnoma Falls is absolutely necessary. We got lots of postcard photos along the Columbia River Gorge. Even with all the beautiful sights, one image sticks in my mind of a railroad crosstie plant alongside the river. We took a photo of it as we drove by on the interstate and didn't get much of it, but those stacks of ties ready for creosote treating is a sight to see.

Attachments

• RairoadCrossties.jpg
    RairoadCrossties.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 178
  • MultnomaFalls-1.jpg
    MultnomaFalls-1.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 181
   / Random Tractor Sightings #4  
Did you make it out to the Oregon coast? The picture attached is in Seaside. What a sunset! Oregon is definatly a beautiful state, even though it rains a lot. Glad you had a great time! :)

Attachments

• 5-21-10 (beach trip part 2) 009.jpg
    5-21-10 (beach trip part 2) 009.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 137
Did you make it out to the Oregon coast? The picture attached is in Seaside. What a sunset! Oregon is definatly a beautiful state, even though it rains a lot. Glad you had a great time! :)

That is a beautiful sunset and we saw many of them. We stayed on the interstate highway until we got to Grants Pass and then we took Hwy 199 across to the California coast so we could drive through the redwoods on our way to the Napa Valley and the SF Bay area. Here is a photo of a sunset in Ft. Bragg, California from the hotel where we stayed one night.

Attachments

• FtBraggSunset.jpg
    FtBraggSunset.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 126
   / Random Tractor Sightings #6  
We stopped there back in Nov when we went up to check out the area before I started working in Hillsboro. Multnoma Falls is fantastic. Wish I could say I took these pictures. They are from a Portland news station taken back in Dec. Multnomah Falls3.jpg

Multnomah Falls.jpg

Multnomah Falls2.jpg

We stopped there back in Nov when we went up to check out the area before I started working in Hillsboro. Multnoma Falls is fantastic. Wish I could say I took these pictures. They are from a Portland news station taken back in Dec.

James, I'm convinced that Multnoma is a Native American word meaning "too darn tall to get in one photo.":laughing: The upper falls is 543' and with the lower added, it's 620' total. It seems there was no place we could find to get a good picture of the whole falls from top to bottom and the pool. The attached photo is the best we could do. It must have been really cold when you were there with all the mist. Those icy photos you posted are really cool. We were lucky enough to get a movie of the pool below the falls with salmon spawning in the pool. That's something we Texans don't get to see every year like the folks up in the Northwest. What a treat!:)

Attachments

• TooTallFalls.jpg
    TooTallFalls.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 117
   / Random Tractor Sightings #8  
This was a beautiful storm out over my pasture.

Attachments

• Sunset1 copy.JPG
    Sunset1 copy.JPG
    840.4 KB · Views: 309