RANT New "safety" gas cans?

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
After I guess about 10 years, wife "convinced" me that I needed another 5 gallon gas can.

Other weekend picked one up at a auto parts store since I was there.

I picked up the Midwest Can "double protection layer, flame mitigation device with vapor locking spout".

It also has a built in strainer!

I had to ask the guy at the counter to show me how to work it and even he had to do a double take:ROFLMAO: It's a fricking gas can!:mad:

Rant off.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #2  
I still have my three 6 gallon plastic Blitz cans, two 2.5 gallon cans, and one gallon can, all with original spouts. I dread the day I have to go to the new style cans/spouts.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #3  
I just put that new dangled cap/funnel on the ground and use a regular funnel. I don't know how you could make the funnel that comes with the gas can work in any position other than straight down (like into a push lawn mower). The fuel fill spout on my skidsteer is chest high on the side.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #5  
'Nother case of the safety nannys going overboard. Just how many gasoline fill "accidents" have there been anyways?

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #7  
'Nother case of the safety nannys going overboard. Just how many gasoline fill "accidents" have there been anyways?
It's to protect the environment. Those vented cans were letting gas fumes escape into the atmosphere.
Now they are trapped in the can, until you open it... or it explodes in the heat.
Designed by somebody who almost flunked out of engineering school, but the "Ventless gas can" was his road to Fame.
Or infamy.

I use a siphon hose for me tractor, placing the can in my bucket and raising it above the tank. If you usse the nozzle and invert the can so that it's at an angle though, the fuel does seem to flow better.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #8  
Apparently quite a few. Google up Blitz gas cans and read about it.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #9  
The No-Spill cans are great as LittleBill noted, but they do still have the same problem with temperature changes as all sealed gas cans. They are pretty thick walled so they don't tend to fully collapse in the cold, but they will suck in pretty good. And of course bloat in the heat...

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #10  
The No-Spill cans are great as LittleBill noted, but they do still have the same problem with temperature changes as all sealed gas cans. They are pretty thick walled so they don't tend to fully collapse in the cold, but they will suck in pretty good. And of course bloat in the heat...
that is true, haven't destroyed any, but you have to watch when bloated, they vent a bit hard.