RANT New "safety" gas cans?

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #11  
Yeah make sure you point it in a safe direction before you push the button to vent when it is hot!

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #12  
Just step up to the plate and go with VP Racing jugs.

Lots of spout options available. Even some pumps that will attach.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #13  
If you have the rubbermaid style with the threaded collar, you can get replacement spouts from ebay, or other online places. They will have to be labeled "for potable water only", or similar, but they are the same flexi-spouts they came with.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #14  
How are the vented fumes captured at gas stations? On my gas cans, minus the diesel can, I put a balled up plastic bag to keep dirt out, so I guess the fumes stay in as well. To me, a stopper of some sort would have been a better idea than those new style spouts.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #15  
Moving parts wear out and break. Change my mind.

I’ve been converting to VP racing cans but had three diesel safety cans kicking around until about three weeks ago. I was pouring fuel, at its standard dribbling slow pace, when all of the sudden the whole mechanism snapped in half dumping diesel all over the tractor, the ground, and me. I was so pi$$ed off I couldn’t hold it, pulled the lid completely off and threw the spout, dumped the leftover into a VP can then kicked the safety can into the wood line where it still sits. I’m not proud of the outburst but that’s how it went down.

Hate those things, always have. In my entire life I don’t think I’ve dumped a cumulative amount of fuel with traditional cans equal to that one incident.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #16  
It's to protect the environment. Those vented cans were letting gas fumes escape into the atmosphere.
I rarely ever spilled fuel with the old style cans. I spilled a lot after switching to the new cans.

After defeating the safety features, I'm back to refueling again, without fuel hitting the ground.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #17  
I found this 7" wide funnel at TSC with a large mouth that works well. I just set the spout to the side, they are worthless.
1649620896316.png

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #18  
I rarely ever spilled fuel with the old style cans. I spilled a lot after switching to the new cans.

After defeating the safety features, I'm back to refueling again, without fuel hitting the ground.
i hope that you noticed I was being sarcastic.

Designed by somebody who almost flunked out of engineering school, but the "Ventless gas can" was his road to Fame.
Or infamy

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #19  
I still have my three 6 gallon plastic Blitz cans, two 2.5 gallon cans, and one gallon can, all with original spouts. I dread the day I have to go to the new style cans/spouts.
You can get replacement spouts that thread right on the new style cans. In my state they can't sell them for fuel cans, but they can sell them for "water jugs". Same spout.

/ RANT New "safety" gas cans? #20  
I have one of the new ones for my lawn mower. PITA. Spill more gas with it than the old ones. Smh