Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #1,631  
I have my detached garage 100' behind my house but the usps guy drove by my house to leave a package in front of the man door at that garage.... WTH? Odd

on edit: my wife said because the package was from an epoxy company, the driver figured he'd save me the time to bring it to my garage where I'd be using it.... 🤪. who knows.

Last edited:
   / Rant on shipping #1,632  
Checking my rural road mail box the other day, I was shocked to see that FedX had left a rather large box, leaning against my neighbor's mail box post. Completely out in the open and somewhat blocking the little shoulder we use to check our mail boxes. Their driveway is just as easy to find as mine is, well marked, on the private easement road, and Fedx delivers all my stuff to our front door. For some reason, the driver decided this was Okay? It was a very expensive pair of boots, and I took the box up to their house.

My wife just discovered that somehow, the Amazon account she was using to buy items for theatrical productions, was redirected to her personal Amazon account. She had to start using our address because the theater department is being renovated, and our address is much easier to work with anyway. Somehow the billing info got messed up. This apparently had been happening for a year. This may have been her fault, but we now have to see if we can reclaim a couple thousand dollars, that should have been billed to the university, or other theaters. I can understand this, as Amazon is almost TOO easy to order from and will auto-fill billing info.

/ Rant on shipping #1,633  
Since Covid idiocy, I've had UPS/Fed-Ex/Amazon all stop delivering to the house. Usually drop inside the gate, but occasionally, they'll leave at the mailbox or driveway by the street. UPS will occasionally not even try, says delivery attempted (NOT) then they simply leave at the nearest UPS Store for next day pick-up. Bigger issue has been "your package may have been lost" and then they wind up issuing a new number & the tracking game begins anew. Prime 2-day has come to be 4-5 days

/ Rant on shipping #1,634  
This isn't a rant. But a shock

Wife ordered something on Amazon with a scheduled delivery for today. Amazon usually runs sometime between midday and evening depending on their load on our street.

Dog started growling and looking at the front door around 7:30 this morning. They were dropping off her package

/ Rant on shipping #1,635  
Amazon leaves packages behind our building at work all the time even when it's raining. We stop receiving at 4:30pm. We find them the next morning. We probably should have a drop container.

/ Rant on shipping #1,636  
Fedex is getting ridiculous. They shouldn't even offer tracking as it doesn't show anything. I had a grapevine and a few other things shipped from Burgess seeds.
It entered their system last Wednesday, they've been diddling around with it for a week now. Every few days they show that it's been moved to the next distribution point but it's still down in Connecticut someplace. I could have walked to Ohio and been back to Connecticut by now.

Well, maybe not. :D

/ Rant on shipping #1,637  
I ordered some parts from Messick's last weekend. Got a shipping confirmation with a FEDEX tracking number on Monday. Tried to track the shipment on FEDEX's site repeatedly, ut was told that it wasn't in the system.
FEDEX guy ran up the drive and dropped of the package about noon today. Still no tracking info.

/ Rant on shipping #1,638  
Better then my last FedEx package took 10 days to be delivered and the dip stick brought it 50 feet or so up a 1/4 mile driveway and just left it on the side of the driveway;
fedex delivery.jpg

/ Rant on shipping #1,639  
Fedex seems to be trying to outdo the Postal Service for lack of quality... it's getting so that I cringe when somebody says they are shipping with them. On the other hand I've had good luck lately with the latter service.

/ Rant on shipping #1,640  
I have a very large mailbox but if a package doesn't fit the mail man will bring it up to the house and UPS comes up to the house,
FedEx it's a toss up whether it gets brought up or just tossed out, depends on the driver.