Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #1,062  
I read today Amazon is opening its first “grab and go” grocery store in Washington state.

You bring your phone and Amazon app in the store. It magically knows what products you put in your cart. It charges you when you leave the store and provides a detailed receipt to your phone.

No checkout. No slowing down when you leave.

MoKelly

So are they going to check you to make sure you have your phone, it is on, and have the app loaded? Otherwise, couldn't anyone saunter in, stock up, and leave?

/ Rant on shipping #1,063  
I read today Amazon is opening its first “grab and go” grocery store in Washington state.

You bring your phone and Amazon app in the store. It magically knows what products you put in your cart. It charges you when you leave the store and provides a detailed receipt to your phone.

MoKelly
Funny. I remember one of my proffs in the 70s getting dreamy eyed talking about the day when we just roll our cart past sensors without stopping, for check out.

Still gotta bag it.

/ Rant on shipping #1,064  
So are they going to check you to make sure you have your phone, it is on, and have the app loaded? Otherwise, couldn't anyone saunter in, stock up, and leave?

Don’t know the answer - but - I’m sure they have figured that one out before opening.

MoKelly

/ Rant on shipping #1,065  
hmm, think the system is fast enough to catch a motorized cart?

/ Rant on shipping #1,066  

MoKelly
They have been out for a while. This is dated Feb of last year.

and the follow up story... drumroll please...

and the renaming of it if it did not work the first time,,,,,

Last edited: