Rant on shipping

/ Rant on shipping #1,331  
This is crazy and costing us all higher prices to compensate for losses. I am surprised these pictures and videos did not get more publicity.
I can't comment, it would be political.

/ Rant on shipping #1,334  
They've been on the national news for two days.
I think there are legal problems with sending in local police. Railroads have their own police and they may have to be the primary contact with suspects. Railroads used to have huge political power and they may still have the lead role for guarding cargo. Maybe they decided insurance is cheaper than defending the trains.

Big mess, in any case.

/ Rant on shipping #1,335  
I think there are legal problems with sending in local police. Railroads have their own police and they may have to be the primary contact with suspects. Railroads used to have huge political power and they may still have the lead role for guarding cargo. Maybe they decided insurance is cheaper than defending the trains.

Big mess, in any case.
Yes, they do have their own police. However, anytime they request assistance from local city, county, state, etc., they get it.

Theft from RR cars has been going on since I was young. There's a small yard on the SW of our town where Grand Trunk trains had to stop to wait to cross over Amtrak lines (now NS), or to break/combine trains for a few local customers. Box cars were the target back then. Now it's shipping containers in the larger cities.

With better automation and signaling, the trains don't stop or even slow very much through our town anymore.

/ Rant on shipping #1,337  
Just a day or so ago a friend showed me a 12 x 12 x 12 box that contained but a very small item (like a mouse) and lots and lots of lose packing.
Guess the concept was 'they can't lose that'.
heheh - my money bets that they can. And will.

/ Rant on shipping #1,338  
Must be my day for package concerns. Fedex delivered a small "sack" package right outside the garage door and behind my wife's car's right wheels. I am glad I got the notice because 30 minutes later she went to town. I asked her if her backup camera would alert the sack and she said she doubts it. I am not sure why someone would leave a small package at a garage door. The front door is right around the corner.

View attachment 729310
FedEx is the worst around here. Amazon and UPS will bring my packages to the back door. And that's after driving up a 1/4 mile driveway. My driveway makes a loop behind the house. FedEx will just drop it next to the fence on a busy state highway. I try to track those deliveries closely. FedEx is my last choice for a carrier. When I'm buying something online, I check to see who they use for a shipper. Even USPS does better. At least they'll bring all the mail inside the fence and put it a can I have down front if it doesn't fit in the mailbox.

/ Rant on shipping #1,339  
Seldom get home deliveries but non stop so it seems at work starting about 7 am

Have to say I get good service from all but could be because I know them and have cell phone for the regulars.

Not to say there are not issues. When I was away in August I got an earful from all…

The complaint boils down to no respect for their time and schedule…

Get them in and out quickly and you have made a friend.

/ Rant on shipping #1,340  
Saturday my wife saw the Fed-X guy ran across our front yard, toss an envelope package onto the front porch, ran back to his truck and left. A couple minutes later, my phone dinged, and it said my package was delivered.... yesterday, Friday morning! :unsure:

Something fishy there. Package was nothing expensive, just a knickknack gift for a friend of my wife. But strange with the dates.