Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap

/ Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap #21  
I always have alarm wire cutoffs around so I just use a couple of feet of #26 insulated copper wire, wrapped at least twice around the strap bundle. It has never failed. I use that for storing too.

A friend also gave me a hint about twisting your straps (why a modern car antenna whip is twisted) to reduce flapping. I hate the look of it, but it works.

Oh, and when cutting off tie wraps, I try and cut them so they can be re-used, albeit shorter. Just take out the bit in the jaw.

/ Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap #22  
I always have alarm wire cutoffs around so I just use a couple of feet of #26 insulated copper wire, wrapped at least twice around the strap bundle. It has never failed. I use that for storing too.

A friend also gave me a hint about twisting your straps (why a modern car antenna whip is twisted) to reduce flapping. I hate the look of it, but it works.

Oh, and when cutting off tie wraps, I try and cut them so they can be re-used, albeit shorter. Just take out the bit in the jaw.
Ya, same effect that destroyed the Tacoma Narrows bridge. Impresive & terifying video. Small light straps vibrate a lot faster & buzz when doing it. Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse "Gallopin' Gertie" - YouTube

/ Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap #23  
I just tie my strap tail ends in a knot with just enough length that they do not bounce out of the bed of the truck. Been doing it this way for many, many years ever since ratchet straps became common. Never, ever an issue after 10s of thousands of miles.

Having said that, most other ideas in this thread are good ones.

/ Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap #24  
Make up some of these, using shockcord and 'olives'. I got mine from a boating supplier. You can make them up with lengths to suit whatever it is you wish to secure, besides ratchet straps.. The olives come is three sizes, to fit a range of shockcord diameters.

View attachment 677508

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
   / Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap #25  
For yet another idea - I use 'hook and loop' straps to wrap up my tag ends after neatly rolling them up. I bought a roll of the hook and loop strap and cut several 8-10" pieces and stuck them in the bag I carry my straps in.

I do like the method shown in the videos though and will try that. My way is super tidy but the video looks to be quicker.

/ Ratchet Strap with Zip Tie Wrap #26  
After posting about the shockcord and olives, I found this video.

Ratchet Strap Storage Hack - YouTube

I have tried it and I think it is brilliant. I think the shockcord and olives might end up being used only on extension cords, ropes etc.