RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #911  
That SVL90 looks like a tank. Hope it givess you thousands of hours of trouble free use, does ol blue still get used much?

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Neat :thumbsup:

Oooh that looks like fun!:thumbsup:

Very nice. Let us know how it compares to your Case.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

That is a nice looking machine. The artist has a new brush. ...enjoy!
Thanks guys!

That SVL90 looks like a tank. Hope it givess you thousands of hours of trouble free use, does ol blue still get used much?
Thanks GP! I pretty much only use the old NH for spreading gravel and I seem to be using it less and less for that too. My wife actually uses it more than I do, running a brush hog here at our place and straightening up her horsey stuff.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #913  
Congratulations on the Kubota. What did you do with the Case? Is the Kubota Tier IV?

Eddie, it's the last of the new 2015 models available, so it's Tier 4 interim with DPF but no DEF.. I traded in the Case.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #915  
I'm still afraid of Tier IV stuff. Please keep us posted on how it works out for you. I'm wanting a cab tractor, and would prefer to buy brand new, but I'm torn between waiting for somebody to invent a method of reaching Tier IV emissions without adding something, or the regenerating stuff. Or to buy used before Tier IV.

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating since I now own the machine.

I made a mistake when I bought my Case. I won't make the same mistake again. I'll be going with kubota. Reasons in no particular order - #1 A dedicated / welded undercarriage that's extremely easy to clean with nothing to pack mud and sand next to the drive motors. #2 I like simple, straight pilot controls. Even though electric over hydraulic controls are adjustable for sensitivity and speed, they have a micro-second lag. In my not so humble opinion they suck. Need to replace a joystick full of electrical widgets out of warranty? Be ready to cough up $1400-$1800. #3 The roll-up door. Swing-out doors are a huge safety problem and an inconvenience at best. If you ever need to exit the machine for any reason with the loader arms up at all, be prepared to take out the back window because that's the only way out. From personal experience, there's nothing like being stuck in the machine because something broke, the hydraulics quit working, and the loader arms are in the way of the swing-out door. You can relax the hydraulics from inside the cab...IF you're on flat ground. #4 Compared to all of the others, Kubota still makes a simple machine. I like that. #5 The dealership.

If this list were in order, the dealership would be at or close to the top of the list. From the manager to the guys in the yard, I've known the guys at the Kubota dealership for a very long time. They've been upfront and have told me every problem they've had with these machines since day one. I have the same relationship with the service department at my NH dealer. On the other hand, all three of the closest Case dealers were as helpful as a hangnail when the machine had problems. Never again.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #917  
Appreciate the review. Case has disappointed me with their lack of support for their machines after a certain age. Cat if famous for sticking with their products forever. Deere is also bad about not supporting all their machines for very long. If you buy new every couple of years, it wont matter, but if you buy for the farm and plan on keeping it for decades, this is what matters.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #918  
Appreciate the review. Case has disappointed me with their lack of support for their machines after a certain age. Cat if famous for sticking with their products forever. Deere is also bad about not supporting all their machines for very long. If you buy new every couple of years, it wont matter, but if you buy for the farm and plan on keeping it for decades, this is what matters.

There used to be some federal rules or guidelines to sell motor vehicles...Something like parts availability for a minimum of 7 years. But these were told to me back in the late '70's and I don't know about now. My deere 4310 is 14 years old and I've yet to have a problem getting a part. Now the price may get in the way, but availability has been there. Times like this are good when a manufacturer uses a common part to build a tractor. Like my tractor has a sauer danfoss steering unit. I can get it elsewhere than deere if I need to. Case parts are higher than female giraffe anatomy too. The secret is to buy a unit that has sold well. There is strength in numbers.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #919  
Good point. But my Case dozer uses the same hydraulic pump on a Deere 850 dozer and when it went out, Case said they didn't carry parts for it anymore and that I needed to go to Sundstrand to get what was needed to rebuild it. Case also said that they do not do rebuild work, and would only sell me a different brand pump to replace it at $25,000 for the pump plus labor if I wanted them to install it. Deere has the same pump, but when I talked to them, they also said that they no longer carry parts for it. Unlike Case, they refused to even give me a price on a replacement pump because I didn't have a model and serial number to give them since it wasn't a Deere dozer. Sundstrand, the maker of the pump told me to go to the Deere dealer because they felt they might have some parts still available. In the end, my New Holland dealer told me about a hydraulic pump repair company that they use who was able to fabricate the parts I needed for a grand total of $2,000 to rebuild it.

Eddie, that reminds me of the runaround I got from Case regarding the leaking duoseal on the CTL's final drive. Case wouldn't rebuild, only replace the entire unit...for a leaking seal that costs about 60 bucks! Case dealers don't even have the right tools to do a rebuild. In fact, they said to check with Deere and Cat since it was the same final. Neither were interested in working on another make's problems. It ended up being very expensive to replace. And like your experience with your NH dealer, my NH dealer has been very helpful for the most part. When I needed to get my tractor's injection pump rebuilt they gave me the number to the company that they send their rebuilds to.