Real Differences On SU Series Tractors

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #1  

Username Taken

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST
I'm looking at an LX2610HSTSU (lots of letters). Anyway, it's definitely an SU series. It's also got the R14 tires on it. Not sure on those yet.

I understand it's a competitor to the Green tractor's 'E' series but it seems to me that you're not giving up nearly as much.

About all I can see is the Mid PTO is gone (If I never see another MMM, I will be a happy camper) and a little bit less of a seat.

Is there any probem putting 3rd function valves on it?

What else? I've looked, I've watched youtube videos, read all kinds of marketing material and I can't really pin it down.

Thanks in advance

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #2  
I'm looking at an LX2610HSTSU (lots of letters). Anyway, it's definitely an SU series. It's also got the R14 tires on it. Not sure on those yet.

I understand it's a competitor to the Green tractor's 'E' series but it seems to me that you're not giving up nearly as much.

About all I can see is the Mid PTO is gone (If I never see another MMM, I will be a happy camper) and a little bit less of a seat.

What else? I've looked, I've watched youtube videos, read all kinds of marketing material and I can't really pin it down.

Thanks in advance

IIRC, no arm rests, no cruise control, no extendable lift arms (even on cab models), etc.

SDT

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors
IIRC, no arm rests, no cruise control, no extendable lift arms (even on cab models), etc.

SDT

I don't care that much about arm rests on my seats, although I am admittedly a bit of a comfort junky. No cruise control? I hardly even use it on my truck can't imagine needing it for my intended use

The extendable arms? I don't know about all that. Would a quick hitch help the problem? Also, can't you buy the assembly and install them yourself?

Kubota Standard L Series L8430 Telescopic Stabilizer kit (overview and install) - YouTube

Thanks for the reply

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #4  
Telescoping draft links are an option on all LX ROPS units that can be installed any time. They may or may not be standard on cabbed LX’s.

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #5  
The M series SU doesn’t have an adjustable steering wheel. That ended that for me because my wife is short and would have to have her arms locked out to drive it. Other than that I would have one.

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #6  
Telescoping draft links are an option on all LX ROPS units that can be installed any time. They may or may not be standard on cabbed LX’s.

Agreed.

Around $300, IIRC.

Standard equipment on LXs with cabs except SU.

SDT

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #7  
I run a Quick Hitch & TnT on my 3pt. It makes fancy 3pt links useless. I can hitch or unhitch without getting off the machine unless there is a PTO or hydraulics. It does make it harder to deal with a PTO. The fancy links don't hurt anything & would be useful if you took the QH off.

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors #9  

Thanks in advance

Generally the SU is mechanically the same, just not a comfortable or fancy, but there are wide variances. Basically the price leader stripper model.

M series, i.e. late model M7040SU hyd shuttle compared to M7040 hyd shuttle, the platform is different, cheaper seat, non adjustable steering wheel, no extending 3pt links.

early M7040SU had dry clutch, center stick crash box, left hand range shift where the M7040 had column shuttle, and right hand stick (synchro gears)

/ Real Differences On SU Series Tractors
Generally the SU is mechanically the same, just not a comfortable or fancy, but there are wide variances. Basically the price leader stripper model.

M series, i.e. late model M7040SU hyd shuttle compared to M7040 hyd shuttle, the platform is different, cheaper seat, non adjustable steering wheel, no extending 3pt links.

early M7040SU had dry clutch, center stick crash box, left hand range shift where the M7040 had column shuttle, and right hand stick (synchro gears)

I found Kubota's 'configure' app and it seems to be about $1,000 difference. Not worth it to me. I'm far, far from well-off by any stretch of the imagination but it just doesn't seem worth it to take the step down.

A newbie can spend a lot of money needlessly, it seems. I was raised on a farm and I know the basics but that was a long (really long) time ago.

Funny; as a kid, I couldn't wait to grow up and leave the Farm; see the big wide world. I did. Now I can't wait to get back to one.