Real estate values are going absolutely crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #11  
Only a matter of time as it's not sustainable as it is today. The issue will be the people that bought inflated and are now on the hook and I wonder how many of them have ARM's instead of fixed rate mortgages.

I own a number of properties that I could sell, but won't I get bugged constantly to refinance. I ignore them all.
From what I have seen / read, this buying frenzy is fueled from an available money supply, not necessarily by no money down mortgages. I do agree that these prices may not last and some will not have a chair when the music stops.

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #12  
Here is a clipping from this mornings local paper. I posted it over in my retirement shop thread so my apologies for cross posting

IMG_2039.jpg

and this is a typical example. NOT out of the norm

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #13  
From what I have seen / read, this buying frenzy is fueled from an available money supply, not necessarily by no money down mortgages. I do agree that these prices may not last and some will not have a chair when the music stops.
I can see it that way. A realtor friend said she has issues with home appraisals that will not support some selling prices thus the mortgages some want to take out. Sizable down payments are required. Hopefully the mortgage industry is showing some restraint this time around.

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #14  
Our timing is bad. Boys still have 2 more years in high school and my 89 year old father is still living with us.

The only problem is when you sell, you generally have to buy.

That said, if it were just my wife and I right now at this moment in time, we'd probably sell and look for an adventure.

Way we figure it, with the square footage and land we own not so to far away from a decent size city with good hospitals, restaurants and shoping, we will get back at least what we put into the place, and when we bought the place with land, that was what I was hoping for to start with.

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #15  
Article in this morning's paper said that the local market was averaging eight days (!) between listing and escrow. There is not much inventory and mortgages are relatively inexpensive, which is true nationally.

All the best,

Peter

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #16  
Our timing is bad. Boys still have 2 more years in high school and my 89 year old father is still living with us.

The only problem is when you sell, you generally have to buy.

That said, if it were just my wife and I right now at this moment in time, we'd probably sell and look for an adventure.

Way we figure it, with the square footage and land we own not so to far away from a decent size city with good hospitals, restaurants and shoping, we will get back at least what we put into the place, and when we bought the place with land, that was what I was hoping for to start with.
I am in a similar situation. We could sell our house and live in our cabin on our rural property until the bottom falls out. We could come out really good and likely buy in our neighborhood for half within a couple of years but we are both five minutes from work and my wife does not want to live in the middle of nowhere.

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #17  
Repeat of 2007-2009 housing crash.Keep $$ on hand for good deals ..

/ Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #19  
I'm guessing your point is not to buy now as there are no good deals to be found at this moment in time...

Right now, it's a sellers market...
Yes sir, sellers market..Being a electric lineman (now retired after 39 years) I have seen many housing bubbles up & down.Been too many new construction sites in my career.Seen the good the bad and ugly of housing BOOMS.

Last edited:
   / Real estate values are going absolutely crazy! #20  
Here is a clipping from this mornings local paper. I posted it over in my retirement shop thread so my apologies for cross posting

View attachment 697005

and this is a typical example. NOT out of the norm
OK, I did the math using your examples vs my property; my house - 3 times bigger, my land - 450 times more. Therefore, I have concluded... my property is worth north of 400 gadzillion dollars. 🥳🤑💥

Status
Not open for further replies.