really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!!

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!!
check domyown pest control .com Pro grade insecticides & any number of species. Fleas can run months if you don't break the cycle & sounds like there is probably still a rat? problem bringing in new fleas. I've had decent luck with the residue leaving foggers but you need to cover things that might not react well to the oily residue. maybe a combination of Residue/no residue foggers & Talstar around the perimeter with a good dose in the walls/crawl space?
Thanks alex - extermination companies have now come over 5 different times dispensing Precor IGR in concentrated form, Talstar P, Alpine WSG, Zenprox EC, all in various sprays, granules and powders...And they did spray the outside too....

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!! #12  
Has the problem of critters living in the walls been solved? If not, they will still be carrying new eggs hatching and the food source.

Ok. Mr. Know-it-all to the rescue!
All kidding aside this works. My best friend rented a house after college and a fellow living there had dogs with fleas. It was so bad rooms looked "foggy" about a foot down.
Here's what she needs: 1) a shallow pan 2) dish detergent 3) a desk lamp. Best is those flexible ones you can adjust, usually halogen.
Pan you get at dollar stores...plastic, aluminum, doesn't matter you want large but shallow (18"+ across, about an inch or two deep).
Place pan in center of room (a pan in each room except bedroom even better). Fill a third full of water. Slowly pour in dish detergent...slowly, no bubbles. Just maybe an ounce or two. This covers water making a film. Desk light positioned over center of pan, about 6 inches light to liquid.
Of course exercise safety, light doesn't get too hot and/or can tip into water.
Now! Turn on light at night. As people go to bed. You want bedroom pitch dark.
Fleas are attracted to light and jump in...but they can't get out.
Report back how it works out!
Thank you everyone and thanks F-dud

She has the light you stated and an 8x11 white flea sticky trap. this is how they determined if there were activity and how many.. They have gone thru about 4-5 different sets of traps [8/set all over the house and rooms].

I did send the landlord a pretty scathing note that basically got her a months of rent knocked off. If this crap does not end, I am going to go from exterminator or atty. Each girl also had to put down a $2000 deposit, so we need to make sure they all get their money back too.

Has the problem of critters living in the walls been solved? If not, they will still be carrying new eggs hatching and the food source.
Yes, I believe the bottom access point was blocked and the crawlspace has been sealed too - thanks

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!! #15  

She has the light you stated and an 8x11 white flea sticky trap. this is how they determined if there were activity and how many.. They have gone thru about 4-5 different sets of traps [8/set all over the house and rooms].

I did send the landlord a pretty scathing note that basically got her a months of rent knocked off. If this crap does not end, I am going to go from exterminator or atty. Each girl also had to put down a $2000 deposit, so we need to make sure they all get their money back too.
Tell her to try this. My friend said each morning they dumped a pan full of dead fleas until they were gone.
(I started to joke "they still had fleas but at least they were clean")

I can indeed have her try this...thank you !

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!! #17  

Yup get money back for deposit and find a new place. Shes a renter and not a home owner so shouldnt have to deal with this.

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!! #18  
I knew there was a reason why all of my animals have their own homes out of my house.

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!! #19  
JUst get your girls out of there..... And call local health dept. and file complain for poor housing conditions...

/ really need your advice if you have ever had an insect infestation !!! #20  
Am I correct in thinking that there is carpet in the house? The eggs are impossible to kill. They will be in the carpet, or rugs, or anything similar. Killing the fleas is easy, getting rid of the eggs is almost impossible. All fabric in the house has to be removed.

I had a flea problem out in my garage. We figured that the cats where bringing them in and the eggs where in the floor mats in front of the doors. We also had a basket full of clothes for Good Will in there. All of it went to the burn pile. They we sprayed Vets Best Flea and Tick Home Spray all over the place. We sprayed the floor, the tools, and the walls. Every time we walked through the garage, we sprayed it all over. We went from having fleas on our shoes every time we went in there to not having any in just a week.

I bought two bottles and we only used the one bottle. The other is used more to keep the cats out of the garage. I had a cat door to let them in because we wanted to be nice to them, but that was a massive mistake. They puke on everything, the knock stuff off of the shelves, and they brought in fleas. Now the cats stay out in the shed, and we're a lot happier not dealing with them anymore.