Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #71  
@CliffordK I'm a weird girl who stops on the road to help other people out, I carry the 4-way and a 24V impact with metric sockets in my truck toolbag...and I also have a breaker bar under the back seat for the spare belt that's in the bag, pretty sure there's a kitchen sink in there too, I even have some dehydrated water for real emergencies.

The 4-way is like an old friend, we don't get together much anymore, but it'll still beat the crap out of someone for me if I need it too.

Note to criminals: If you carjack me, leaving me loose in my own car will be the last mistake you ever make. I'll get you before you can stop complaining about how far the seat is pulled up.

Another note: One of my friends bought a torque multiplier for his wife if she had a flat tire, it broke while he was showing her how it worked.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #72  
If it’s threaded or there is tubing, pipe or hose there will be fittings, gauges and valves that will work At the required pressures. Tubing or threaded fitting will be the easiest to break into.
18 inch breaker bar, 6 inch extension and correct size deep socket..... I carry in my jeep because of deep set alloy wheels, but its good for any wheel/lug combination.... Chevy PU has 24 inch breaker bar, extension and metric/sae socket sets.... Also 4 way, but PU has better storage space and I tow some with PU and trailer lugs and race car lugs (now sold) are all different...

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning
Well, we traded in the jeep bc it was in the shop a lot lately, all due to things just breaking. We got our daughter a newer bronco sport: more space, much smoother ride and remarkably better gas mileage.

One device i would like to invest in is the obdii error code analyzer. Do you guys have a recommendation on a hood, reliable make & model? Would like for it to be able to Ck both American & European makes

Thank you very much

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #74  
Timely and candid - just drive the kid to school and deal with the car later.
only a complete fool idiot would put a daughter in a car to drive 160 miles with warning lights flashing...get it fixed or rent her a car or a uber for the trip...

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #75  
Well, we traded in the jeep bc it was in the shop a lot lately, all due to things just breaking. We got our daughter a newer bronco sport: more space, much smoother ride and remarkably better gas mileage.

One device i would like to invest in is the obdii error code analyzer. Do you guys have a recommendation on a hood, reliable make & model? Would like for it to be able to Ck both American & European makes

Thank you very much
If you looking for something relatively low in cost I'd recommend this one: BlueDriver

BlueDriver

It works with your smartphone and the App gets update. Based on the code for your car it will give you possible fixes and if they are a know issue with your specific car.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #76  
All,

This is a safety question on whether my daughters car [2018 Jeep Wrangler] is safe to drive back to school.at noon today or not? The drive is 160 miles.

The check-engine light came on Saturday morning [2/10/24]. I was able to get the jeep into a shop to run the error codes. These are the error codes:
-P0507: Idle speed performance higher than expected
-P2173: High airflow/vacuum leak detected

She just got the jeep out of the dealer service department on Friday, 2/9/24 which they stated they had to fix the electronic throttle control.

Questions:

She has to go back to school today and the drive is 160 miles. Is it safe to drive that far? If not, what could be the issues?
Did the "repair" the dealer made have anything to possibly cause this error on their behalf in not properly fixing the jeep?

My wife and I are contemplating either driving her or driving behind her so if anything happens, we could be there. The outfit that ran the error codes yesterday stated that the 2 error codes would not inhibit her driving, but I just want to be really sure, for all the obvious reasons..she's 19 yrs old..

I would really appreciate your timely & candid feedback on this matter.

Thank you very much !!!
Trade cars with her
Have her jeep fixed
Trade back next weekend

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #77  
Timely and candid - just drive the kid to school and deal with the car later.
Bingo. I logged in just to quote you.

And to the original poster...get an OBII reader and learn about the codes. You can get a reader for $20 (although I recommend the blue tooth /phone app version for a little more). When I read someone takes their vehicle to a shop to read a CEL I just shake my head abit. Especially with basic readers as cheap as they are.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #78  
I usually read all the posts but in this case I am just going to say you can’t trust a car dealership. It is common to get multiple codes because one causes another. Many computers are designed to set a code after a fault shows up a certain number of times or engine starts. Some will clear themselves the same way. Clear codes and see what if any comes back first.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #79  
One way to help find a vacuum leak is spray carb cleaner around different areas. the vacuum will suck it in and engine will hesitate. Gives you an idea of where to start looking.

/ Really need your advice whether my daughters car is safe to drive or not as she needs to return to school later this morning #80  
All,

This is a safety question on whether my daughters car [2018 Jeep Wrangler] is safe to drive back to school.at noon today or not? The drive is 160 miles.

The check-engine light came on Saturday morning [2/10/24]. I was able to get the jeep into a shop to run the error codes. These are the error codes:

She just got the jeep out of the dealer service department on Friday, 2/9/24 which they stated they had to fix the electronic throttle control.

Questions:

She has to go back to school today and the drive is 160 miles. Is it safe to drive that far? If not, what could be the issues?
Did the "repair" the dealer made have anything to possibly cause this error on their behalf in not properly fixing the jeep?

My wife and I are contemplating either driving her or driving behind her so if anything happens, we could be there. The outfit that ran the error codes yesterday stated that the 2 error codes would not inhibit her driving, but I just want to be really sure, for all the obvious reasons..she's 19 yrs old..

Thank you very muc

All,

Questions:

Thank you very much !!!
Both codes indicate it probably has a vacuum leak , maybe just a vacuum hose off. Since the dealer worked on throttle conntrol I'd say most likely it something they did or didn't do. As long as the performance isn't affected She can drive it the 160 Mike's but I would get it repaired asap .