Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
I made up some brackets and connecting rod to raise and lower my 3 pt arms from the back of the tractor.
Just a few pieces of 1 1/2" x 1/8" x 13" flat steel, 1 1/2" x 1/8" x 8" angle, 3/8" x 6 1/2" rod with 2 washers welded on each end and misc. nuts, bolts, and washers.
On the factory arm there is enough room on the shaft for the rod I made with 2 flat washers. Its all held by a cotter pin.
I drilled 2 holes in the lower back portion of the cab which is right behind the parking brake for 2 bolts to go through to attach the angle. Just 2 screws hold the PB cover and was able to move it enough to get the bolts in.
Whole job took a couple hours to fab up and install.
First pic shows the factory location where the cable from the cab connects.
After pics 2,3,&4 I found the arm was too short and added additional flat steel and bent on a slight angle shown in the last pic.
If anyone else needs further details let me know.

Only difference on my mod is you push down on the handle to raise and up to lower due to the way the linkage is. I wanted to make the linkage as simple as possible yet still work.

Attachments

• DSCN2059 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2059 (Large).JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN2058 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2058 (Large).JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCN2057 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2057 (Large).JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN2056 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2056 (Large).JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN2055 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2055 (Large).JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCN2054 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2054 (Large).JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
   / Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #2  
That's pretty slick, George. Looks relatively easy, too. Thanks for sharing.

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #3  
Nice job George!

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #4  
Looks much easier than having to stand on the lower links and reaching over the seat like i end up doing

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #5  
Neat idea, I need something like this so I don't have to run back and forth into the cab, plus I can't see the arms standing at the door where I can reach the control.

Any worries of catching clothing on that and squishing yourself? i.e. leaning over to install a pin and pushing down on that lever and up comes the lift unexpectedly.

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #6  
George, did you look into the parts for the control the 3135 has? They seem like very similar tractors. Wonder if the parts would fit.

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms
Neat idea, I need something like this so I don't have to run back and forth into the cab, plus I can't see the arms standing at the door where I can reach the control.

Any worries of catching clothing on that and squishing yourself? i.e. leaning over to install a pin and pushing down on that lever and up comes the lift unexpectedly.

There is always a possibility of getting hurt around a tractor. Anyone that makes or adapts their tractor like I did does so at their own risk. I made mine because I cannot see my 3 pt while standing next to the cab trying to raise or lower the arms.

George, did you look into the parts for the control the 3135 has? They seem like very similar tractors. Wonder if the parts would fit.

I have not looked at a 3135 to see how they did theirs. My nearest dealer is only 20 miles away but does not have any in stock. Also not sure if parts manuals are available online yet to even look at.

Looks much easier than having to stand on the lower links and reaching over the seat like i end up doing

Can't do that with a cab.

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #8  
Looks great, my tractor came with the rear control or I would have done something like you did, makes things so much simpler, I did make a handle to control the hydraulic top link from the back also, it was always aggravating having to get back in the cab to adjust it if need be when hooking up.

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms #9  
Great idea George. I'll be stealing that.

I'm on my 2nd left rear side window, A/C belt as we discussed, and 3rd set of the sway bar links on mine, the spring pins for the fulcrum of the lower arms where you can adjust the length for hooking things up went missing so I replaced them with bolts, washers, and locknuts. One little coolant leak that I took care of myself.

/ Rear 3 pt linkage to raise and lower arms
I've had 2 other guys PM me that their mirrors fell out of the housing too. Originals did not have drain holes for water. New ones do. Mirrors are just snapped into the black housings and I think the hot summer sun softens the plastic and they fall out. When I got my new one I added a silicone bead around the entire mirror in the housing.
My coolant leak was under the cab where the hoses connect. 4 Worm gear clamps needed retightening. Glad you got your A/C belt replaced. Did you get aftermarket (auto parts) belt or go factory.