Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #12  
Yep. I think I'd agree with that. It sure looks nice. We have an 8 foot Big Rhino and a 6 foot Woods - both are "6 way manual pin adjustable " and we use all those adjustments.
I guess the blade can also theoretically be loosened, slid off to the side, and refastened for an unbalanced blade... but can't imagine why to do that. It's something we've never done.

Going back 40 years ago, we bought several basic several hundred dollar dollar back blades before we just sort of accidently found a 6 way big Rhino - one of the old yellow ones - It turned out to be a far better tool and well worth being 5 times the price.
rScotty

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #13  
I'd also like the option of skids and end plates so that's why I'm looking at certain brands.

My 6 foot rear blade only needs to be wider/offset when plowing snow. I've considered making extension wings (bolt on - probably), but haven't got around to that yet.

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences
Here you go, one of the best non hydraulic blades there is.
Thanks, yes that covers everything, just a little pricy. Now to make a decision.

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #15  
I would lean towards the pins more so if you plan on making adjustments during the winter months.

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #16  
Blades have to be constantly adjusted, they are not a set it and forget it piece of equipment. I went with the pin type rhino and sure glad I did. I'm considering adding hydraulics now because of the constant adjustments needed when building roads. By what you need and don't settle for less is my motto.

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #17  
   / Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #18  
I wouldn't consider any thing that I had to play with bolts to adjust;
I don't even care for pins :)
cylinders.jpg

/ Rear Blade Adjustment Preferences #19  
Yep. I think I'd agree with that. It sure looks nice. We have an 8 foot Big Rhino and a 6 foot Woods - both are "6 way manual pin adjustable " and we use all those adjustments.
I guess the blade can also theoretically be loosened, slid off to the side, and refastened for an unbalanced blade... but can't imagine why to do that. It's something we've never done.

Going back 40 years ago, we bought several basic several hundred dollar dollar back blades before we just sort of accidently found a 6 way big Rhino - one of the old yellow ones - It turned out to be a far better tool and well worth being 5 times the price.
rScotty
I’ve seen the Rhino. It’s very similar in features and construction quality to my Bison blade. A nice heavy blade. I would never buy a light blade again. A heavy blade stays on the ground and cuts. A light blade just skips across the ground and chatters.