Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush?

/ Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush? #21  
Cool idea! I've got no circuit for it, though. However I've been wanting an extra rear circuit for a while, now. Maybe two circuits. Ok, that's going on the project list for next year! :)
Was considering John Deere when buying my LS but the cost of adding a couple more hydraulic connectors was crazy expensive, my LS came from the factory equipped with three rear remotes, same engine and transmission for about $15,000 less. Only a little over 200 hours on it now but so far it has been flawless.

Last edited:
   / Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush? #22  
Nice setup you have. I think a little bit of "chatter" is routine when plowing small amounts of snow. You could slow down. My previous plowing tractor had a lot of down pressure but if I went all in with down pressure I was really roughing up the asphalt as the blade wanted to dig hard. Out of the question on gravel parts. I got less chatter lightening up on the draft.

/ Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush?
Not familiar with i-match.....but general quick hitches have alot of slop. If there is any slop in the i-match....shims/washers/bushings. Tighten it up because that adds to chatter
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I think this is the real culprit. If you go back and re-read my original post, I said specifically that picking up the hitch just enough to take the slack out cured the problem perfectly.

I will investigate if angling the blade more forward (I'm not going to reverse it) helps lessen the problem, but I'm betting the slop in the iMatch is the primary contributor to this problem.

/ Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush? #24  
Then it comes down to adjusting the lift arm height to level the angled blade side to side
IF you are talking about the side adjust lifting arm...then no that is not what it comes down to. Because if you use that to adjust, when angled the other way or back to straight, it will no longer be level and you would need to adjust again.

You want the blades kingpin true vertical, or in the case of the OP's frontier blade....the square/rectangle tubing that is horizontal and houses the upper part of the king pin.....simply make that level when the blade is on the ground.

That way no matter the angle, the blade will remain true with the ground.

/ Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush? #25  
As ruffdog says. With a soft, not yet frozen hard, driveway - reverse the rear blade 180* - then plow.

/ Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush? #26  
I find the combination of UHMW "cutting" edge and rear gauge wheels to be the answer for a rear blade in snow/ice.
No worries on keeping the kingpin level for angling as the gauge wheels take care of it.

/ Rear blade chatter when moving snow/slush? #27  
I realize you seem to be totally against the idea of reversing the blade but I recommend giving it a try you might learn something new.
On my tractor it’s pretty easy to reverse the blade, just remove the pivot pin and spin the blade around, takes about 1-2 minutes and no manual lifting.