Rear Blade Rear blade weight

/ Rear blade weight #31  
RustyA - a short story about my rear blade. As you can see - it only has hydraulic top link. So...second or third time I'm using it on the driveway ditches. Tractor is parked on the driveway. A little side slope but not really much. Pull the pin and manually adjust angle. Pull the pin and begin to adjust side shift. I trip and fall backwards. Reach up to stop the blade. It's too heavy.....I can't stop it. It make a slice right over the top of me.

Thank God - I've got my Carhart canvas coat on. It made a perfect cut completely across the front of the coat. It WAS a good coat too. Saved my bacon. All future adjustments have been done on a perfectly level spot in the yard. Gravity and a 1050# rear blade can do weird things.
oosik, Scary situation you just described!! I'm glad that it was only your Carhart coat that got sliced - not your chest! Stumbling happens, just don't want it to happen with a sharp heavy blade is on the topside. Glad you are okay! Greg

/ Rear blade weight
Yes - I don't mind saying - - It scared the crap out of me. That will be the last time I ever have trouble like that. Until something else happens - LOL.

You always think you are being safe - in what you are doing. Until you try something new.

"Experience" can be a harsh instructor.