Rear Blade Rear Blade

/ Rear Blade #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
I got this rear blade that hooks onto my 3ph for free. I have no experience with any 3 ph blade. Can you tell me what I can do with this thing?

Bob

DSC01113.JPG

DSC01114.JPG

DSC01126.JPG

DSC01127.JPG

DSC01128.JPG

/ Rear Blade #3  
Nice freebie!

I've never used a rear blade. Never been to Wisconsin. But, with winter coming, I'd bet you could clear snow off a driveway.

/ Rear Blade #4  
If you angle it you can scrape the gravel lost at the margins of a gravel drive back out where it is useful. If you have a relatively short wheel base tractor you can create a rollercoaster effect while trying to level a slightly rolling path. ***************** If you leave the blade in contact with the ground and back up you may dig one corner of the blade into the ground and kink the blade so fast you can't react quickly enough to not do it. (Don't ask.)************ You can turn the blade around backwards and use it while backing the tractor and thus have the blade encounter what you want to move before the tires get to it. For example, if you want to move some snow but don't want to run over the snow and pack it with the tires, you can reverse the blade and back up. You can get a kink in your neck doing this but you won't pack the snow and leave icy patches. *********** Pat

/ Rear Blade #5  
That's what I use for pushing snow but like patrick said you get a kink in the neck. Since I don't have a fel I use it for pushing anything that needs pushing and can be pushed, brush, stones, snow, my brothers truck!!!

/ Rear Blade #6  
Bob, be very carefull with that blade. It is waaaay to small for your TN70. Your tractor will bend that up before you can count to 2 .:rolleyes:

/ Rear Blade #7  
Cute little thing, isn't it?

Take to the city and convince the city folks they should hire you to get rid of the "snipes" and the "side-hill gougers" so they'll be safe.

You'd make a bundle!!!!

/ Rear Blade #8  
I use mine to remove snow, driving forward. The rear wheels don't pack it too hard. Run it straight down the middle. Then angle it using those holes to do the sides. Actually, I can usually just do both sides, and the side-dos do the middle as well.

Neighbor has one, too. He angles it down and uses it to pull his gravel back onto his roadway. You angle it by using adjusting your adjustable 3ph arm. You can poke it more out to the side by loosening those bolts at the back and sliding it over and retighten the bolts on yours.

The back blade is better for rooting out a roadway on a slope than the FEL because you can angle it by adjusting the 3ph arm.

Ralph

/ Rear Blade
MtnViewRanch said:
Bob, be very carefull with that blade. It is waaaay to small for your TN70. Your tractor will bend that up before you can count to 2 .:rolleyes:

Yes, I think it is way to light for a TN70:D . As I dragged it around for a little while, it would bend (at least I think I saw it bending :rolleyes: ) whenever I engaged some dirt. By the time I see it breaking, it will be too late. But I have to use it for something.

I am having 20 tons of 3/4 traffic bond delivered for my driveway (touch up). Do you think it would be up to that job? I really don't want to break it.
Bob

/ Rear Blade #10  
I say go for it. Maybe will have to take smaller bites than you would like, but I'm sure it could get the job done. If not, you are welcome to send it to Ohio, as I'm sure it would make a nice snow mover for me and my little Yanmar;)