Rear finish mower on offset Farmall??

/ Rear finish mower on offset Farmall?? #1  

upgw

Gold Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota BX2200, 2011 Hustler Super Z 31 Kawi
Is anybody using, has used, or has seen, a rear finish mower in use behind an offset Farmall? I'd like to pick up a 60 inch rear discharge deck for my 130, but am concerned that the high and offset PTO shaft won't be workable, not to mention I have no 3PH to attach it to, so I'd have to fabricate something. I'd prefer a belly mower, but they don't appear to exist except very old Woods units typically in very poor shape.

Thanks,
- Patrick

/ Rear finish mower on offset Farmall??
Very interesting, the 130 had an L59 on it but the guy needed to keep it. Now the question is, what kind of hardware is necessary to get power to it... I don't have a right angle PTO attachment... do you know if it comes with belts and pulleys?

Thanks,
- Patrick

The helpful folks at Woods say I need the L59AH, which includes all mounting hardware, but I need to drive it off the offset PTO.. so I guess I gotta find one of them first.

- P

Thanks for the link, I think I'm calling it the wrong thing, it's the 'normal' 90 degree pto that places the pully at the center line of the tractor parallel to the wheels, so it can drive the deck via a belt. I think it mounts over the main pto shaft, there is just a cover plate there now.

- Patrick

/ Rear finish mower on offset Farmall?? #7  
They must mount a v-belt type pulley on the "belt Pulley" drive, instead of the big wide flat "belt pulley" like used to drive aa feed grinder or silo auger.

Yes, I have pto, and it is lower on the case. Above is a plate; I have a pto guard/shield mounted there. I bought a Belt pulley drive for mine, but have yet to put it on. I got it on Ebay for about $30 or $40. I did not get the gear and shaft that goes in to the tranny though; I think it is required... I need to pull the cover off mine to see if it is there...

I have bought parts from Blaze; he was good to work with. I'm sure he would have the parts, or could round them up.

There's an A on Ebay with a belly mower; it appears the pulley runs direct off the standard pto.
web page

I think you are correct, the v-belt pulley uses the flat-belt drive. I have a cover there now, no PTO shield. This tractor had a Woods belly mower on it, which didn't come with it. It was driven by a very large, awkward looking pully on the main PTO shaft, at least a foot in diameter I think, via a very long belt and a bunch of pulleys, looked homemade. The setup using the belt drive is very superior I would say.

- Patrick