Rear fork hydraulics

/ Rear fork hydraulics #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I just saw the grapple attachment photo's, and wondered if I replaced the toplink on my 3pt carryall with a double acting cyl, how would I control it? Would be nice to be able to stack pallets... I have a 2615 with no draft control.

/ Rear fork hydraulics #2  
mbohuntr,

If you're still awake, could you give some more details?

I don't see the connection between a grapple and your 3-point carryall unless you're just thinking about the extra hydraulic control.

Also, I can't understand why you'd want to be able to have a down-force on the carryall. (My definition of a carryall is a platform for a 3-point hitch to carry things around.)

You want to be able to stack pallets using the rear end of your tractor? Hurts my neck just thinking about it, but I guess that's plausible. But I still can't see the need for a double-acting hydraulic top link.

If you have a loader for your tractor, maybe pallet forks for the loader bucket would suit your needs?

/ Rear fork hydraulics
Well... I have been moving pallets of landscaping pavers/blocks, and it struck me that a cylinder would allow me to stack em 2 high. also, my neighbor loads his saw with some pretty good size logs and I didn't think the loader would be heavy enough.Your right about the dual cyl, it's kinda late for intelligent cogitation...I could use a single.

/ Rear fork hydraulics
My "carry-all" is a homemade beastie using 4" square tube, I haven't been able to bend it yet,and i'm lifting until the hydraulics bypass...i'm looking to level the forks to stack.

/ Rear fork hydraulics #5  
mbohuntr,

That information helps a lot (knowing that you want to be able to adjust the top link using hydraulics to level your load).

I don't know what a pallet of landscaping pavers weighs, but if you have a loader and it can handle the load, I think it would be a lot easier to put forks on the loader than to use two different levers to control the load behind you. Installing the extra control valve will probably cost you as much as forks for a loader (assuming you already have a loader).

/ Rear fork hydraulics #6  
mbohuntr said:
My "carry-all" is a homemade beastie using 4" square tube, I haven't been able to bend it yet,and i'm lifting until the hydraulics bypass...i'm looking to level the forks to stack.

You need an auxillary hydraulic valve installed on your tractor to operate a hydraulic cylinder on the rear of the tractor. Mahindra has one available, part# SVDC237, with MSRP of $553.00, not including installation. It may be cheaper to do it with an attachment for the loader, but I would guess the lift capacity would be less. I hope this imfo has been helpful, and good luck with it.

/ Rear fork hydraulics
Thanks all, I'm not too familiar with all the possibilities for the rear ports, but I loved that grapple!!! I also have a 2n, and almost no options.

/ Rear fork hydraulics #8  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
You need an auxillary hydraulic valve installed on your tractor to operate a hydraulic cylinder on the rear of the tractor. Mahindra has one available, part# SVDC237, with MSRP of $553.00, not including installation. It may be cheaper to do it with an attachment for the loader, but I would guess the lift capacity would be less. I hope this imfo has been helpful, and good luck with it.

I was thinking of adding a rear hydraulic remote for my 2015, don't have a use for it yet, but I am sure it would be needed at some point. So to add one I need the above part? Seems pretty expensive.

/ Rear fork hydraulics #9  
I don't have my book in front of me right now, but the valve kit is probably a different part number, and I believe the valve is similarly priced.