Rear hydraulic

/ Rear hydraulic #1  

big red 18

Tractor
Yanmar 220D
220D that has a loader but I want to add rear hydraulic for a log splitter. The 2 port on the control valve are used by the loader Any other options?

/ Rear hydraulic #2  
This should be easy to do but I suggest ask your question in the hydraulics forum. And explain that your loader is in series ahead of the 3-point, assuming it was set up in the configuration typical of most small tractors.

Over there you will get responses from owners with a broader range of experience doing this.

/ Rear hydraulic #3  
Likely you don't have quick disconnects on your loader hoses but if you do or if you want to install them you could simply unplug the curl hoses from your loader valve and plug in two long hoses to reach your splitter valve. Then bungee cord the loader valve in the proper direction for flow and your good to go.

/ Rear hydraulic #5  
For a splitter do you need hydraulic powered piston return as well as 'push'?

Yes you do. Let me clarify that. The splitter valve needs pressure to it and a return. The splitter valve determines whether push or pull. Make sense?

Last edited:
   / Rear hydraulic #6  
would be fairly easy to do but he would need to use power beyond off the loader valve