Rear remote/port question?

/ Rear remote/port question? #1  

bazman82

Gold Member
Tractor
Same Mercury 75 Farmtrac 795DTC
So, I am starting to have an issue with one of my lever control for my rear remote that I have my grapple hooked into. The lever itself is fine but it seems the valve going into the control that the lever pulls in and out is "loose". Thats the only term I can use to describe it. It seems like theres no pressure in there to hold it in place. IE. if i pull the lever back and open my grapple then start driving, a little bump will cause valve to move and the grapple will start to close. Its the same if I have it closed where the slightest touch on the lever will open it back up.....

I hope I explained it clearly enough..It is on my Farmtrac 795dtc. Can adjustments be made on rear controls to change this??

/ Rear remote/port question?
20200803_195231.jpg
20200803_195046.jpg
On the bottom picture, the brass fitting you see on the right side is the valve I'm having issues with

/ Rear remote/port question? #3  
Did it happen to both directions all at once or was it a gradual change?

Did it happen to both directions all at once or was it a gradual change?

Both directions at once. It just happened to be like that last week when I went to use the tractor and noone else uses it but me.

/ Rear remote/port question? #5  
I would be tempted to remove the end cap for that spool to see what is going on. Could be crud built up keeping the spring from working or the spring broke. You probably will be able to see the problem.

Anything special involved in removing that? It could be crud built in there as I did have some hydraulic leak stop stuff in the system before I got the pump replaced. The hydraulic oil and filters were replaced at that time too but I remember the mechanic saying to change filters and the oil again in the near future but I never got to it.

/ Rear remote/port question? #7  
Nothing too difficult. Just work slow and be mindful of how it comes apart. You should be fine.

Yeah, I pulled up the parts diagram and it doesnt look like theres much too it.

/ Rear remote/port question? #9  
Let us know what you find. Good luck!

Screenshot_2020-08-03 819289_55ecb2c94cf74b60a53b68d273cb76a2 pdf.png

A pic of the remote from the parts manual.