Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST #1  

kspring61

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST Ford 8N
My tractor is down at my land in TN and I am looking at getting a 3 pt log splitter. My question is does anyone know if the rear remote block on the DK series has Power Beyond ports? Was wondering if there were plugs in the remote I could swap with QD's so I could connect the log splitter to it.

Would like to have all the parts with me next time I go down there.

Thanks

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST #2  
If your Kioti already has a rear remote valve installed ( I believe The DKs came standard equipped with one) then you shouldn't need anything other than (2) 1/2" Male Pioneer QDs and hoses to go to the splitter. Tractor would have handle on right hand side of seat with decals marked A & B, at rear of tractor there are 2 female QDs already plumbed to the remote valve.

If your tractor does not have that rear remote, order complete kit from Kioti, it is very reasonably priced and has all parts need to install including 2 female QDs.

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST
If your Kioti already has a rear remote valve installed ( I believe The DKs came standard equipped with one) then you shouldn't need anything other than (2) 1/2" Male Pioneer QDs and hoses to go to the splitter. Tractor would have handle on right hand side of seat with decals marked A & B, at rear of tractor there are 2 female QDs already plumbed to the remote valve.

If your tractor does not have that rear remote, order complete kit from Kioti, it is very reasonably priced and has all parts need to install including 2 female QDs.

I do have the rear remote but I don't want to run the splitter lines off that. That would require me to bungy the control lever (I believe) to get flow thru the remote. I think this would cause dead heading at the splitter control when I wasn't using it.

Maybe I am wrong but would like to hear how others have done this on the DK

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST #4  
The original rear remote should have detents (unless someone removed them) so you shouldn't need a bungee. You will have the same potential deadhead problem regardless where you tap into the hydraulic system. I think you need a splitter control valve with an "open center" so you won't deadhead the hydraulic pump. In an open-center valve hydraulic fluid flows freely to the return when the valve is in the neutral position. I assume all splitters must use an OC control valve and all the other hydraulic controls valves (loader, remote, three-point) on your tractor are open center.

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST
The original rear remote should have detents (unless someone removed them) so you shouldn't need a bungee. You will have the same potential deadhead problem regardless where you tap into the hydraulic system. I think you need a splitter control valve with an "open center" so you won't deadhead the hydraulic pump. In an open-center valve hydraulic fluid flows freely to the return when the valve is in the neutral position. I assume all splitters must use an OC control valve and all the other hydraulic controls valves (loader, remote, three-point) on your tractor are open center.

Thanks Ritcheyvs, I'll check out the rear remote lever (I am assuming that is what you meant had the detents). Yes, I just looked at the splitters I am looking at and they have an OC valve. So it sounds like using the rear remote would be OK as long as the remote lever has the detents to hold it in the open position, correct?

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST #6  
Thanks Ritcheyvs, I'll check out the rear remote lever (I am assuming that is what you meant had the detents). Yes, I just looked at the splitters I am looking at and they have an OC valve. So it sounds like using the rear remote would be OK as long as the remote lever has the detents to hold it in the open position, correct?

Yes, I did mean the remote lever. Correct, you should be good-to-go simply by connecting to the stock remote couplers. Even if the detents were removed, you can still use a bungee. Some owners removed their remote detents so they don't deadhead their hydraulics by accidentally bumping the lever (which is very easy to do). FYI, the kit for a second rear remote doesn't have a detent.

/ Rear Remote Power Beyond on DK40SE HST #7  
How it end may i see picture of the final
Because i live the same probleme