Rear remote / Valve body

/ Rear remote / Valve body #1  

skinnr

Bronze Member
This came with my tractor but I am not sure how to hook it up. I know that is attached to the three point system and replaces the cover plate. Just not sure how to plumb it to a hydraulic valve assembly. I know one must be supply one return but the last I am not sure. Three ports but not sure where they go. It is on a TC45d. NHTC45(c).JPGNHTC45(b).JPGNHTC45.JPGNHTC45(a).JPG

Last edited:
   / Rear remote / Valve body #2  
That's the remote hydraulic stack mounting plate. It is bolted to the right side case with differing lengths of bolts dependening on how many remote valves are stacked. The o-ring glands are easily visible. When the stack is bolted to the hydraulic assy and tightened, the valve body routes fluid to all the right places. That plate is NOT used by itself in any normal configuration.

/ Rear remote / Valve body
I guess I don't follow. I see the valve body but don't see how the plate would mount with it. I know this bolts to the right side of the case but you can't bolt anything over the top of it because the holes do not go through. If it were the last plate to go on after stacking multiple remotes then I don't understand why there would be three threaded holes on the side of the plate. I believe this tractor had a bank of valves mounted behind the seat to run top, tilt, side links, but since I bought it in pieces I can't be sure. My thought is that yes it does bolt to the right side case and hoses from these three holes supplies a bank of valves. I just am not sure what would be supply, return, and the third ????????????

/ Rear remote / Valve body #5  
I was just reading an old thread on yesterdaystractors.com about a "power beyond plate" that someone was having trouble with.
From the description, it sounds like what you might have here, guessing the stamped port labels (P R T) would need to be defined.
Might try asking in the Hydraulics forum as well.

/ Rear remote / Valve body #6  
P- would be pressure

T- would be tank

R- don't know, but could be Return

/ Rear remote / Valve body #7  
P R T...Pump, Relief, Tank?

Im just guessing but posting in hydraulics section will bring experts.

Ooops J J beat me.

/ Rear remote / Valve body #8  
Yep, that R could be a relief port.

/ Rear remote / Valve body #9  
It looks similar in function to the adapter that I added on my kubota to add rear hydraulics. I removed a cover and replaced it with a fitting that is different looking than the thing you have, but similar in function. The adapter I added then provided two lines, one high pressure to rear valves, and one return. I would guess yours does the same, you would connect the P to your rear hydraulic valves, and the return from your rear valves to the T port. From what others have said the R must be a relief, and I would guess that if your rear valves/implement has a relief valve, then you would connect the return to the R port rather than the T port. On my tractor if the rear valves (or intended implement) have a relief valve, I'm supposed to plumb them to a different place on the tractor that goes directly to the tank. I think this is to avoid exposing the normally low pressure return side to high pressures resulting from the relief valve going off. So if I had to take a guess on how to plumb that, I'd plug the port labeled T, and connect the return line from your valves to the port labeled R. That way if you use an implement that has it's own relief valve, you never have to worry about it dumping into the low pressure side of your system. The down side of doing that is I think you bypass the filter on the return side, but I'm not sure about that. You might take that plate down to your local dealer, assuming you're not out in the boonies.

/ Rear remote / Valve body
Thanks for all the good info. I have done a lot of looking on the web and have found that it is called a Hydraulic Adapter Plate. They are made for various tractors and seem to be used mostly when adding a backhoe. Which makes sence because my tractor came with a Bradco backhoe. I just used the power beyond from my loader valve to get power to the backhoe where as some use a rear remote. It looks like this would be the way to avoid having to pin your rear remote valve lever in the open position to supply a backhoe. Is would allow constant flow and fluid to the backhoe without a valve in between. I am wondering if one of the ports is a power beyond port rather than a relief port. I am going to take it to a local tractor shop today to see what they say. Unfortunately there is no local NH dealer in the area. Thanks for the idea of posting in the hydraulics section, I hadn't thought of that.