Rear Remotes for TC55

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #1  

shaley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford '92 2120
Tax refund time!! Probably get enough to afford a rear remote kit. Does the kit require the valve and the handle package? Any recommendations for online sources.

/ Rear Remotes for TC55
Just called my dealer. He has a self center unit in stock. $574. Ouch!

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #3  
I'm glad you brought this topic up. I've been wanting to add rears to my TC40 so I'll be following this thread closely.

Later,

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #4  
the rear remotes for a TC55 require 2 different packages. There is the mounting package and the valve package. This is totally different valve than what fits on the TC40-45.

be sure to compare apples to apples on this tractor remotes. dealer price for the complete valve will be in the $800.00 range

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #5  
I bought my second set of RR for my TC40 from Partspring.com-price included free shipping. Messicks also had my set, both of these companies stock NH parts and advertize on this site.
I'm just about ready to fire up the tractor and check for leaks before putting the rear tire back on.

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #6  
...I'm just about ready to fire up the tractor and check for leaks before putting the rear tire back on.

Please tell me this can be done without taking the rear tire off. My tires have balast in them and must weigh a ton. If I try to pull that sucker off my wife will find me spread eagle under that tire.

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #7  
Unless you are able to work in very tight places removing the outer wheel may be your only option.

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #8  
Please tell me this can be done without taking the rear tire off. My tires have balast in them and must weigh a ton. If I try to pull that sucker off my wife will find me spread eagle under that tire.
On my TC40, I also had to take off the fender's flat sheet metal inner panel. You might possibly be able to install the first set of remotes without removing the tire (I think I read here that a member did it but with a GREAT DEAL of stress) but as the stack grows, mine is now 3-1/4" out from the base, you have to pull the tire which is the first step on the CNH instructions. My rear tires are 13.6-24 and it was actually easy to do-once I drained off most of the fluid. The axle hub has an extended disc/lip that you hang the tire on to reinstall when finished.

/ Rear Remotes for TC55 #9  

You really MUST take off the right-rear tire. You would not want to attempt this without doing that. Just jack your tractor up where the tire is maybe less than 1/4" off the ground/floor and then remove the bolts carefully. You can easily work the tire back and forth to walk it out a bit and then roll it forward and lean it against the tractor or a wall. It is much easier with two people, but I did mine by myself and my tire was loaded. If you look in the picture below, you can see my tire leaning against my garage.

In the picture, you can also see the plate nickelplate mentioned. I don't think that is the fender plate, but rather a support plate for the 3PH lever pivot axle rod. If nickelplate's tractor is different, I'm sure he can tell us.

With the wheel removed, installing the remote is a walk in the park. As you can tell from my picture, I'm working in my favorite position, sitting down.:D

Also notice that I am using a floor jack only, but it has a wooden block wedged below the lift platform as insurance in case the jack fails. by doing it this way, you can use your jack to put your axle anywhere you need it instead of the set increments of jack stands. Just use your head and be safe. It is really a fun job.:)

Attachments

• RemovePlate.JPG
    RemovePlate.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 178
   / Rear Remotes for TC55 #10  
You really MUST take off the right-rear tire. You would not want to attempt this without doing that. Just jack your tractor up where the tire is maybe less than 1/4" off the ground/floor and then remove the bolts carefully. You can easily work the tire back and forth to walk it out a bit and then roll it forward and lean it against the tractor or a wall. It is much easier with two people, but I did mine by myself and my tire was loaded. If you look in the picture below, you can see my tire leaning against my garage.

In the picture, you can also see the plate nickelplate mentioned. I don't think that is the fender plate, but rather a support plate for the 3PH lever pivot axle rod. If nickelplate's tractor is different, I'm sure he can tell us.

With the wheel removed, installing the remote is a walk in the park. As you can tell from my picture, I'm working in my favorite position, sitting down.:D

Also notice that I am using a floor jack only, but it has a wooden block wedged below the lift platform as insurance in case the jack fails. by doing it this way, you can use your jack to put your axle anywhere you need it instead of the set increments of jack stands. Just use your head and be safe. It is really a fun job.:)

Jim, you're livin' large my man! I see a third set of rear remotes back there! I do remember you saying that they were a lot less in price back when you installed them.
Right above your right hand and on the bottom lip of the fender are two bolts in the photo. Those two and one other down at the base of the fender are where my NH blue sheetmetal inner panel is attached, I guess its a 17"x14" splash guard of sort for the HPL pivot rod support bracket but there is also another one on the other side.
BTW-I didn't have to remove the HPL pivot rod support bracket "D" in step #4 of the installation instructions as it wasn't in the way at all-maybe it should have been noted as a "Deluxe tractor models only" step.
I took her out yesterday afternoon and "wig-wagged" demoed the top and tilt box scraper to all of my neighbors.
Next I'm going to plumb the hydraulics forward in preparation for a bolt on bucket grapple as I have a lot of brush to move around up at the other mountain property.