Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #1  

Snowlan

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2025
I'm waiting on delivery of a CT2025 and planning what implements I want and in what order. In looking at the brochure, Bobcat describe the rear remotes as "4 Port Remote Hydraulic Valve (Spring Return and Detent)". This option is coming on my tractor and I read it to mean both sets of remotes have a spring return and they have a detent to allow float. Those of you with these tractors, am I correct in my thinking or do the two remotes work differently?

My first post here, sorry if this is answered on the forum elsewhere but I didn't have any luck finding it.

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #2  
Just bought a CT2025 HST. For the rear remote Bobcat offer the following options: both spring return, both detent, or one spring return + one detent. I had to insist to the dealer to choose mine (the later). He was not aware of the three possibilities. I found it while I was sneaking around on the Bobcat parts catalog web site.

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #3  
I'm waiting on delivery of a CT2025 and planning what implements I want and in what order. In looking at the brochure, Bobcat describe the rear remotes as "4 Port Remote Hydraulic Valve (Spring Return and Detent)". This option is coming on my tractor and I read it to mean both sets of remotes have a spring return and they have a detent to allow float. Those of you with these tractors, am I correct in my thinking or do the two remotes work differently?

My first post here, sorry if this is answered on the forum elsewhere but I didn't have any luck finding it.
The detents are not to allow "float", but rather full flow. There will be a detent either full forward or full backwards, changing the direction of the flow. This is used for attachments that have their own controls such as a log splitter or hydraulic auger (allows forward AND reverse rotation). In my case, my BH is plumbed into the remotes. It doesn't matter which hoses go into the ports.... if the operation is of the BH is reversed, just flip the remote lever to the opposite detent.... WA LAA ! Now works as normal...

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series
Thanks LS Tractor Owner. Had I known there was a choice I may have deviated from the default setup and gotten two spring returns. But then again I may have been waiting extra months for it to arrive instead of it being at the dealer now waiting for me to get back from sea. PLus, as long as it still operates like a spring return for fine tuning as long as you keep away from the detent, the detent could be useful down the road.

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #5  
Thanks LS Tractor Owner. Had I known there was a choice I may have deviated from the default setup and gotten two spring returns. But then again I may have been waiting extra months for it to arrive instead of it being at the dealer now waiting for me to get back from sea. PLus, as long as it still operates like a spring return for fine tuning as long as you keep away from the detent, the detent could be useful down the road.
yes, basically works the same, you can move the lever forward and backwards 95% of the way, and it will still spring return to center. This allows it to be used on a regular 2 way cylinder.

Kinda like the loader valve.....full use of the valve, but you can lock it into the detent / float if you want.

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #6  
Snowlan, have you taken delivery of your CT2025 yet? Do you know first hand how those detent valves work? Based on my research into these valves, I would be surprised if the detent also has a spring in it. Why would anyone not get the detent valves if they also spring return to center if not fully engaged. I would love to be wrong though!

Not yet, it is still sitting at the dealer waiting for me. I'm at sea and have been delayed so I won't be back home until later in April. I will trust those that have used the valves for now, plus I see on the build and price option on the website they list the 3 different options of valves you can order. The combination one is the default option and is all that is listed in the brochure. I've just discovered that Bobcat and Kioti use the rear remote for the backhoe instead of a separate power beyond loop, so it makes sense that they spec this combination valve so it can fill both purposes.
remotes.JPG

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #8  
Snowlan, have you taken delivery of your CT2025 yet? Do you know first hand how those detent valves work? Based on my research into these valves, I would be surprised if the detent also has a spring in it. Why would anyone not get the detent valves if they also spring return to center if not fully engaged. I would love to be wrong though!

My research seems to indicate that the detents do spring return to center. I'm like you, why not get both detent style if they still return when not fully engaged.

I asked my dealer this question 2.5 weeks ago and still haven't heard back.

I'll know for sure in 2 weeks and will update the forums when I do. The wait is killing me, but the plus side is my building lot is drying up more all the time.

/ Rear Remotes on CT2000 Series #10  
I'll know for sure in 2 weeks and will update the forums when I do. The wait is killing me, but the plus side is my building lot is drying up more all the time.

Update?