Rear worklights on 3720 cab

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab #1  

Yamezz

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3720 cab, JD X495, JD L100, JD D105
Guys I'd like to install some rear worklights on my 2012 3720 with cab. Tucked inside the back of the flasher lights are connectors with black and purple wires, which I believe are for rear worklights. I can't get any power out of them however. I thought they'd be live when the front lights are on with the standard light switch. Is there another switch or circuit I'm missing?

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab #2  
Hello,

I have a 3033r and your problem is close to mine.

I am having the same problem with my license plate light tucked into the left rear blinker. No power to it. I have the rear work lights, with factory switch and they work fine. They need the headlights and front work lights turned on for the rears to work. Kind of crazy, but that is how the circuit works. I am thinking maybe a fuse?

Maybe a JD tech will chime in?

Kevin

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab #3  
Just another note, you do need a switch for the rear work lights. The harness is next to the pto switch, on the right side.

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab
Just another note, you do need a switch for the rear work lights. The harness is next to the pto switch, on the right side.

Thanks Kevin. I had a feeling it was something like that I was missing.

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab #5  
Great, a switch should bring you power. Did you find an additional plug for the license plate light? If you did, does it have power ?

Thanks

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab
Behind the left side flasher is another connector with flat pins at right angles. I couldn't get any power out of that either.

/ Rear worklights on 3720 cab #7  
That is the license plate light power feed. I have my tractor registered for road use and I bought the John Deere license plate light, hitched it up, but no power. image-3510277221.jpg Any help or ideas would be welcome Thanks, Kevin image-1981744180.jpg

image-31966858.jpg