Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals?

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #31  
Bought one of the first RTVs introduced. 20plus years ago? Most used and appreciated piece of equipment we own. Echo sediments of others on speed. Rare to go into high gear. Pedals are just fine. No issues there.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #32  
So why the bashing of Kubota when you are comparing apples to cucumbers ? Or did Kubota fire you a few years ago maybe ? . ;)
Kubota didn't want to sell kubotas. They wanted to sell Polaris. My dad has a Yamaha RHINO. He uses around a real life income farm. No mud riding or hot dogging. Puts about 3500 miles a year on it. I could not believe he drove it that much, but numbers don't lie.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #33  
Kubota didn't want to sell kubotas. They wanted to sell Polaris. My dad has a Yamaha RHINO. He uses around a real life income farm. No mud riding or hot dogging. Puts about 3500 miles a year on it. I could not believe he drove it that much, but numbers don't lie.
I will assume to correct your first sentence....." the dealership ownership didn't want to sell Kubotas" ........

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #34  
I will assume to correct your first sentence....." the dealership ownership didn't want to sell Kubotas" ........
And, they were New Holland, Kubota. Open since 1944. 85 year old man comes in every day. Son, grandson, great grandson there most days. The man that opened it in 1944 died when the oldest man alive now was 36.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #35  
All I can say is I've worked in many underground mines here in northern Ontario and I don't see any Polaris or anything else working underground.....except RTV's.

That's what all the mines use, Kubota RTV's and Toyota Landcruiser pickups.

Funny thing too, you hear all these people complaining about them being gutless......well they seem to do alright carrying 4 men and all their supplies and bits back up the ramp from 4000 feet below surface.

Last edited:
   / Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #36  
.... Funny thing too, you hear all these people complaining about them being gutless......well they seem to do alright carrying 4 men and all their supplies and bits back up the ramp from 4000 feet below surface.

I was a UTV novice 6 years ago. It takes a bit to learn how to drive them. I looked at all makes, and then bought my 1100c. I too like many at first, perplexed by shifting and speed, at times. Once I started to listen to it, in high and low, and understand the hydro transmission it became more consistent for me. That goes for shifting as well, listen to it, and patience when shifting based on engine speed and it idling down. Quick shifting caused my issues early on, I think. I love mine and would by another in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse and hills haven't been an issue for me anymore. Maybe just my first few months.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #37  
So why the bashing of Kubota when you are comparing apples to cucumbers ? Or did Kubota fire you a few years ago maybe ? . ;)
Nope, wasn't fired from Kubota.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #38  
All I can say is I've worked in many underground mines here in northern Ontario and I don't see any Polaris or anything else working underground.....except RTV's.

That's what all the mines use, Kubota RTV's and Toyota Landcruiser pickups.

Funny thing too, you hear all these people complaining about them being gutless......well they seem to do alright carrying 4 men and all their supplies and bits back up the ramp from 4000 feet below surface.
Yep, don't have to worry about going too fast.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #39  
M
Yep, don't have to worry about going too fast.
Maybe not, but you obviously have never been in a underground hardrock mine and able to realize the steepness of the ramps up to each level of the mines , ( levels are 200 ft vertical apart in the mines I was in ) and the power/ torque and payload capacity , and reliability to travel the miles and miles of undergoing travelways 7 days a week that Kubota RTVs are doing around the world.

/ Recent Kubota RTV 1100C deals? #40  
M

Maybe not, but you obviously have never been in a underground hardrock mine and able to realize the steepness of the ramps up to each level of the mines , ( levels are 200 ft vertical apart in the mines I was in ) and the power/ torque and payload capacity , and reliability to travel the miles and miles of undergoing travelways 7 days a week that Kubota RTVs are doing around the world.
I understand. If I was in that environment I would want something slow and growling with power. But if I have to ride ten miles to check a pasture of cattle, I do not want something slow and growling with power. Underground mines are less than 5% of atv sales. If Kubota didn't sell tractors they'd go broke with their rtv ideas.