Reclaiming Old Gravel Driveway

/ Reclaiming Old Gravel Driveway #31  
Also we are planning on this only being 2-3 years max. By then we plan on having the house built and selling the trailer. So I really don't want to spend a fortune.
Dont do anything then. It's only a temp driveway so unless your getting stuck or it's very muddy I would do a thing as far as ground engaging. You can kill the grass on it to make it look more like a driveway but then you will be left with a driveway to no where 3yrs later.

/ Reclaiming Old Gravel Driveway #32  
At my brother in law farm there is a dirt road, no rock, nothing but hard packed dirt. This is in a flood zone of the Ohio river so it gets easily 5-6 feet of water on it every late winter when the river come up. Give it about 2 weeks after the water recedes and you can drive a combine on it and only leave tire tracks. That’s how hard packed dirt can get. In the summer it turns to a fine powder a couple of inches deep but still hard underneath. Roads been there since before the civil war as we have photos of troops marching on it.

/ Reclaiming Old Gravel Driveway #33  
Find a corner some where and dig down to see what they did. As in, did they make a proper drive way in the first place with a base. You need to know this first. I've wasted a great deal of 1/4 minus rock, only to find out later that the road had no 1 and 1/2 clear base rock. It just blew out all the time no matter how much more you threw at it.