Recommendations for a diesel fuel storage tank

/ Recommendations for a diesel fuel storage tank #11  
I did the stationary tanks for years, then I switched to 2 truck-mounted bed tanks and I am WAY happier. They can be transported to exactly where you want fuel, instead of bringing all equipment to the tank. You also have the freedom to shop for fuel at more locations than having to rely on the delivery companies. I fuel up the truck with OTR diesel and the tank on back with red in one trip.
I use 5,000 + gallons of fuel/ year and I find the 500 gallon tanks a lot more susceptible to water or algae contamination than a 100G truck tank.

/ Recommendations for a diesel fuel storage tank #12  
I found them on Alibaba, simple search should locate them easily.
Enter 'fuel transfer pump'.
Shipping slow and that's why I ordered a spare 'just in case'.

Have 2 friends now using them as well.

Previously I had a crank type transfer pump but over time the vanes rusted and there was no repair possibility.
One friend fuels a big loader with large tank but likes it as he has time to grease the zerks while fueling.
His is the 24 volt version.

I discovered that these pumps are essentially a version of marine 'bilge pumps'.

Thank you !!!

/ Recommendations for a diesel fuel storage tank #13  
Thank you !!!

Here is the link for fuel transfer pump on AliBaba

Portable Mini 12V 24V DC Electric Submersible Pump For Pumping Diesel Oil Water Aluminum Alloy Shell 12L/min Fuel Transfer Pump|Pumps| - AliExpress

Note their caution as to FUEL ONLY.

I used 5/8" radiator heater hose as it remains soft in cold and is fuel/oil resistant.
Best is the silicone style if U can get it.
(PVC goes hard when exposed to fuel.)

You'll love this little gem!

12 Liters/min is more than ample for fueling most CUT's.
I used a short length of 1/2" copper pipe and a 90deg to DIY make a nozzle to hook onto my CUT fuel tank neck.

Another feature is that the pump , due to design, will allow all fuel in the hose and pump body to self empty back thus no smelly spillage.

More than a few times I've considered bulk ordering for local distribution as a 'side line' but retirement 'energy conservation' won out.
Besides, 'one of' importation is easy but bulk (commercial) is a whole other ball game.
Just happy to pass on the info to TBN members!

Last edited:
   / Recommendations for a diesel fuel storage tank #14  
Here is the link for fuel transfer pump on AliBaba

Portable Mini 12V 24V DC Electric Submersible Pump For Pumping Diesel Oil Water Aluminum Alloy Shell 12L/min Fuel Transfer Pump|Pumps| - AliExpress

Note their caution as to FUEL ONLY.

I used 5/8" radiator heater hose as it remains soft in cold and is fuel/oil resistant.
Best is the silicone style if U can get it.
(PVC goes hard when exposed to fuel.)

You'll love this little gem!

12 Liters/min is more than ample for fueling most CUT's.
I used a short length of 1/2" copper pipe and a 90deg to DIY make a nozzle to hook onto my CUT fuel tank neck.

Another feature is that the pump , due to design, will allow all fuel in the hose and pump body to self empty back thus no smelly spillage.

More than a few times I've considered bulk ordering for local distribution as a 'side line' but retirement 'energy conservation' won out.
Besides, 'one of' importation is easy but bulk (commercial) is a whole other ball game.
Just happy to pass on the info to TBN members!

Thank you!
Just ordered one on E-Bay for $15.32.
Cheaper on Alibaba, but I like E-Bay because of E-Bay and PayPal protection.
Free shipping from Hong Kong, est. arrival Mar. 5th- 23rd

/ Recommendations for a diesel fuel storage tank #15  
I go through about 300g per year and use a truck mounted transfer tank with a Fill-Rite 12v pump. I also filter the fuel coming out of the tank with a 10u water blocking canister filter.