Recommended oil filter for 18hp Kohler Courage Engine (just purchased new).

/ Recommended oil filter for 18hp Kohler Courage Engine (just purchased new). #11  
Thanks Bob.

/ Recommended oil filter for 18hp Kohler Courage Engine (just purchased new). #12  
Straight 30W oil is generally recommended for small air-cooled engines. I have used multigrade like 10W-30 with no problem. My brother purchased a Enduro XT2 and told me he was using synthetic oil in it. That sounded like a good idea since I had some Mobil 1 10W-30 synthetic oil on hand. I changed the oil in my 2015 XT3 GSX 25HP Kohler with 200+ hours and used the Mobil 1. I parked it in the garage after mowing my 1 acre a few weeks later and found oil running across my garage floor. It appeared that the front engine seal was leaking. I changed oil and filter using straight 30W oil and so far it hasn't leaked again.

Bob B.

That is nothing but pure coincidence i use synthetic oil in high-mileage vehicles and high hours equipment for 25 years and also at work not once was there ever a problem.

Most modern day multi viscosity synthetics of good quality have very low VII and shear very litte they're pretty much considered a mono grade.

/ Recommended oil filter for 18hp Kohler Courage Engine (just purchased new). #13  
That is nothing but pure coincidence i use synthetic oil in high-mileage vehicles and high hours equipment for 25 years and also at work not once was there ever a problem.

Most modern day multi viscosity synthetics of good quality have very low VII and shear very litte they're pretty much considered a mono grade.
I believe in coincidences but I've had it six years now and it never leaked a drop anywhere until I changed to synthetic and it hasn't leaked a drop since I changed back to straight 30W. I did the second oil change last month using the 30W. I'm not going to push my luck and try it again.
I may be a little gun shy because the final problem that caused me to trade in my 2004 3235 was the front seal went. I started losing a whole quart of oil mowing my 1 acre lot which takes about 1-1/2 hours.
Bob B.

/ Recommended oil filter for 18hp Kohler Courage Engine (just purchased new). #14  
I believe in coincidences but I've had it six years now and it never leaked a drop anywhere until I changed to synthetic and it hasn't leaked a drop since I changed back to straight 30W. I did the second oil change last month using the 30W. I'm not going to push my luck and try it again.
I may be a little gun shy because the final problem that caused me to trade in my 2004 3235 was the front seal went. I started losing a whole quart of oil mowing my 1 acre lot which takes about 1-1/2 hours.
Bob B.
I would agree!

/ Recommended oil filter for 18hp Kohler Courage Engine (just purchased new). #15  
Bob B.

Pure coincidence.

In six years there could have been any abnormal crankcase pressure any type of dirt and debris, mechanical failure in that seal to make it leak

3 weeks ago I picked up a 470hr big Cub Cadet with a Kohler 27 horse engine guess what went in yep Mobil 1 full synthetic no issues at all