Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #141  
DaBear

willy

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #142  
. I now for sure we have one for the kioti on the bookshelf in the office and it showed up the same day as the tractor.
So we were able to get one at time of purchase From Kuoti.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres
I got to test drive the Kubota B2601 and the Yanmar SA325. I really like the way the 325 drove, and the bucket was very smooth. The Kubota was nice to drive, I actually really like the treadle pedal, but the bucket was clumsy compared to the 325 and the transmission was much noisier. The 3601 was made in Japan and the 325 in Thailand.

The Yanmar dealer recommended a Woods RC60.20 rotary cutter. Woods recommends 20 PTO hp, and the 325 puts out 18.1 hp. Tractor, FEL, and 60” cutter came to $24,794.

The Kubota dealer didn’t recommend running a 60” rotary cutter on the B2601 because it was underpowered. The Landpride RCR1860 also called for 20 PTO hp, and the B2601 puts out 19.5 hp. He recommended the RCR1248 instead, but this also calls for 20 hp. Tractor, FEL, and 42” RCR1248 cutter came to $28,190.

The Kubota dealer recommended I step up to the LX3310HSD if I plan on mowing a lot. I test drove this one, and it was closer to the Yanmar in quietness and bucket control, but the seat wasn’t as comfortable as the B2601 or SA325. Tractor, FEL, and RCR1860 came to $37,844. This is a no-go as it’s too far outside my price range.

Are the SA325 and B3601 too underpowered to run a 60” cutter?

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #145  
o mowing would be the most frequent usage.
Dunno what the water table is like there. My property is lousy with springs I can hit water with a handheld shovel in several places in less than 10 minutes of digging.
Because of the water, I can't mow with a terribly heavy machine. So it's a zero turn for me. That let me buy a bigger tractor. You will never regret getting a bigger tractor.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #146  
DaBear

willy
Nice Willy, too bad the dealer could not come up with that at the time, also my search did not turn that up at the time. It still does not change that the manuf. was telling me that they will not allow it. that did cost them a sale.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #147  
Going to look at the MT125 this weekend. The MT225 seems to be a much more capable tractor for only 4 k more…
that is what i was finding, the SCUTs were going for 20k and the cuts were 25k, so for me it made no sense to go for a small CUT or SCUT. but that is just me, I do not need to get into tight areas and my 5145 we get into any space i need to.

the capacity dif between a 20k tractor and a 30k tractor were a factor of 3.