Recommended wood stove brands

/ Recommended wood stove brands #61  
I ay be wrong but my understanding is that triple wall is for manufactured fireplaces ONLY. A wood stove requires insulated pipe (or a clay liner chimney).
We have triple wall on our freestanding Blaze King. Never heard anything about an insulated pipe, even from the most regulated communist county in the country.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #62  
I have two wood stoves...sitting out in the barn, doing nothing. You must have a ready supply of cheap firewood. Firewood where I live has to be imported these days. $360 - $400 a cord when you can find it. I used to drive 240 miles one way up into Oregon to get my firewood but now even that source has dried up.

Sorry to hear, I have the opposite situation - more trees than I know what to do with.
They are lot of work if trying to maintain the property regarding fire safety etc.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #63  
I have two wood stoves...sitting out in the barn, doing nothing. You must have a ready supply of cheap firewood. Firewood where I live has to be imported these days. $360 - $400 a cord when you can find it. I used to drive 240 miles one way up into Oregon to get my firewood but now even that source has dried up.
I wish you were closer...

You could have all the storm fall from a few acres... heck... even cut some 20" oak limbs and load up...

Here no one wants firewood... here being greater SF Bay Area.

I also have rounds of pine cut last year...

/ Recommended wood stove brands #64  
Family owned KUMA from Montana. Bulletproof.

/ Recommended wood stove brands #65  
I wish you lived closer, I would load up a reuck and trailerload of good oak and swap you for one of those stoves!
We bought the place across the street and the insurance on it doesn't forbid wood burning heaters. I am considering building a shop over there and could use a stove!
David from jax

/ Recommended wood stove brands #66  
If this is going to be in a house your actualy living in get one with a thermostatic damper. It uses a bimetalic spring to open and close the air intake so it can offer more smooth heat, actualy burn less wood and burn longer.

Our year 2000 vermont castings defiant is our primary heat source. Generaly il start it late october and the stove wont go out until april. I burn about 4 cord of hardwood and load the stove 1-3x every 24hrs. We have a 1400sqft single level house.