Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming?

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #31  
In the end, it doesn't really matter what any one of us believe, what is going to happen is going to happen. Nor does anyone of us know the true extent of the effects (good, bad or indifferent) of dumping vast amounts of each particular human made ingredient into the environment. To bet that some of those ingredients won't eventually have significant dire effects on humanity seems like a rather poor bet to me.
A bet that our children's children (and beyond) will pay for dearly!

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #32  
OK, because all climate deniers are the smartest, most well educated of our society. 🤣. YES!! Follow the money!! Who made more this past year, oil and gas producers or wind turbine manufacturers? If you think there is more money in helping the environment than destroying it,YOU my friend are the gullible one.

Did you happen to see the price of oil the past year? Are you suggesting price has no correlation to profits.

I bet when the price of oil goes down, so will the profits.

-The most well educated of our society.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #33  
No matter what man does...our star will eventually turn into a white dwarft star and vaporize earth. Future generations be dammed.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #35  
No matter what man does...our star will eventually turn into a white dwarft star and vaporize earth. Future generations be dammed.
That's the right attitude! I doubt your future generations would agree with you. But you will be dead so who cares right?

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #36  
That's the right attitude! I doubt your future generations would agree with you. But you will be dead so who cares right?

It's not attitude, it's reality.

I suggest you intertwine some into your lexicon.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #37  
Either that our we will self destruct with nuclear weapons...always a distinct possibility and of course there is the remote chance of a huge asteroid impacting earth, which is what ended the age of dinosaurs.

Lots of juicy scenario's besides besides yours (which is inevitable but toers can do it before that.

We are only here for a finite amount of time anyway. Might as well enjoy it.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #38  
It is absolutely amazing to me how people think that scientist are all part of a secret evil underground society that is conspiring to trick people into thinking climate change is real. The purpose for them doing this is part of liberal plan to force us all into doing things that are highly inconvenient and will only have the effect of destroying our economy as we know it. To support this belief, these people cherry pick anomalies that can be construed in a context that supports their belief, while choosing to ignore the overwhelming data that discredits their beliefs.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what any one of us believe, what is going to happen is going to happen. Nor does anyone of us know the true extent of the effects (good, bad or indifferent) of dumping vast amounts of each particular human made ingredient into the environment. To bet that some of those ingredients won't eventually have significant dire effects on humanity seems like a rather poor bet to me.

Climates change, that is what they do. The earth has seen multiple ice ages and will see more.

People can't cause them (or more importantly prevent them).

Research scientists are not evil, or pure. They live on grant money, and the money comes largely from people that want their positions supported.

We are near the end of a few trends that do cause global temps to rise, I will cite if needed, but, if you don't believe me, you probably won't believe them.

We would likely enter a long mild cooling period in the next 24 months, without input from humans.

It was critical for the current administration to get a "green deal" on paper so as to take credit for the next climate change. joe manchin came within an inch of saving us, but, got what he wanted in the end to doom us.

Nearly unlimited government spending on a problem that would have resolved itself, now we will have to double the sacrifice of our hard earned money and freedom every year to the gods of fire and water to keep us from getting hot.

Had we made it to November, I think the US had a chance. I am not a end of the world kind of guy, but, I don't see ***** or any other sane person being able to step in and put this genie back in the bottle. Any money or freedom confiscated going forward will be guised as saving the earth (and the poor idiots from themselves).

Any calm sunny day will be because we invested in green energy, and every storm will be because we didn't invest enough.

Congrats,,

ed

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #39  
Oh, here we go again. :cautious: It takes hydrogen ions to make acid, not carbon or sulfur alone. There's naturally occurring compounds that provide the ingredients for "acid rain". It will be there long after man has legislated himself out of existence.
The hydrogen ions are freed from the water molecules by combining with SO2 to make H2SO3. It's not the sulfur, it's the sulfur dioxide.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #40  
Either that our we will self destruct with nuclear weapons...always a distinct possibility and of course there is the remote chance of a huge asteroid impacting earth, which is what ended the age of dinosaurs.

Lots of juicy scenario's besides besides yours (which is inevitable but toers can do it before that.

We are only here for a finite amount of time anyway. Might as well enjoy it.
Many people feel a profound responsibility to future generations. Others do not.