Reinstalling Loader Question

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I had my loader off yesterday and was just about to coat the retaining pins with a thin coat of Never-Seize before I remounted it. Then I thought this might not be the best thing to do - I better ask. It is 18 years old and the plating is starting to wear off in places on the pins. So leave them dry or Never-Seize them and risk dirt entrapment ?? The movement in the joint is very slight and not rotation so I don't know why grease would be a problem ??????? Thanks

gg

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #2  
I wouldn’t grease it because it’ll make a mess next time you take it off. Those pins don’t swivel so I don’t see the good that could come from it.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question
I wouldn’t grease it because it’ll make a mess next time you take it off. Those pins don’t swivel so I don’t see the good that could come from it.

It is just that I have heard of pins being frozen in place and very difficult to remove requiring extrodinary measures.

gg

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #4  
It is just that I have heard of pins being frozen in place and very difficult to remove requiring extrodinary measures.

gg

have never seen that on any of mine The tolerances are not super tight.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #5  
Every pin I have on my Kubota FEL has a grease zerk. They all get goo'ed up with nasty black grease every ten hours. I see no problem coating your pins with Never-Sieze.

I had my previous tractor for 27 years - goo'ed all the zerks on the FEL every ten hours - no problems - they did collect dust(volcanic ash over in this area) and it never hurt anything one bit.

When I start getting grease spots on my work clothes - I go around with a couple shop rags and wipe all the excess off.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #6  
Every pin I have on my Kubota FEL has a grease zerk. They all get goo'ed up with nasty black grease every ten hours. I see no problem coating your pins with Never-Sieze.

I had my previous tractor for 27 years - goo'ed all the zerks on the FEL every ten hours - no problems - they did collect dust(volcanic ash over in this area) and it never hurt anything one bit.

When I start getting grease spots on my work clothes - I go around with a couple shop rags and wipe all the excess off.

I’ve owed 3 Kubotas and worked several more. None had grease fittings on the loader mount pins.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #7  
I only use never seize for the most demanding situations. It's just nasty stuff and gets all over your hands!

People don't use anything and then think they have to use the never seize, going from one extreme to the other. ANY grease will usually do. I use white grease on stuff like electrical screws so it doesn't make such a mess.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #8  
4570Man - you are absolutely correct. My mount pins do not have zerks.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #9  
I only use never seize for the most demanding situations. It's just nasty stuff and gets all over your hands!

People don't use anything and then think they have to use the never seize, going from one extreme to the other. ANY grease will usually do. I use white grease on stuff like electrical screws so it doesn't make such a mess.

I call that stuff tin man in a can. There’s no way I’d do anything with these pins. Unless you brake cleaner them and the holes after every time you take it off you’re doing more harm than good.

/ Reinstalling Loader Question #10  
Loctite makes dry graphite spray for applications where one wants movement to occur without the wet effect of grease/anti-seize.
When I use anti-seize I used Wurth brand, the German made copper base anti-seize. I used to buy it by the quart sized tins when I had my Foreign auto shop.
Can't hurt to 'lube' the pins with something, especially since you are seeing wear. I lube the ones on my Kioti.