Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method?

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #21  
You don't show the valve in the end of your male coupling, but there should be one to push in, as on Mad Referee's example.

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #22  
I have a 3-spool valve I added to the tractor; I ran 2 sets of lines to the rear and one set to the front. My plumbing is as follows: Pressure line from tractor goes to auxilary valve; out from auxilary valve to loader valve; out from loader valve back into tractor. So...as they are all in line, cycling the loader valve relieves some pressure I guess. All I know is if I skip the loader valve part I can't always re-attach...?

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #24  
Interesting product. Have you tried them?

John

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #25  
No I haven't. Just found the site last night, went looking after reading this thread. I don't remove my FEL, and when I hook up my backhoe, I haven't had this problem, yet (knock on wood).

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ... I haven't had this problem, yet (knock on wood). )</font>

Well, with 2WD and no power steering, you've got enough problems already!

I emailed them for more info. Thanks for the link.

John

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

JMC, I'd like to see a picture of the gizmo you made to help you make the connection. )</font>

Ok, hope you weren't expecting anything elegant. This one is for the male side. The gizmo sides on the male connector and is held there by sliding the cross pin to engage the connector groove. The black bolt, 1/4 -28, compresses the plunger. Whatever you use to compress the plunger, make sure it can't contact the sidewall of the hole in the connector. There's a seal in there that is fragile and I ruined one.

Picture 1 0f 2

Attachments

• 699004-DSC01423.JPG
    699004-DSC01423.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 659
   / Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #28  
This picture is of the gizmo for the female connector. The plunger on the female connector is a ring and the bullseye is part of the body. Since there is no way to retain a gizmo, I just made a ring shaped adaptor to be used with a gear puller. It fit well enough that if there is a seal in there, no damage was done. Picture 2 0f 2.

Attachments

• 699008-DSC01421.JPG
    699008-DSC01421.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 579
   / Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method?
BadDog,

I took my grapple off late last week to get some dirt work done and last night I reattached the root grapple. I had printed out your directions and stuck them in my wallet, so I followed them exactly when disconnecting the grapple. I still could NOT connect the couplers to the tractor. Had to loosen the threaded fittings again on the grapple to relieve the pressure.

I think I might just try changing the fittings to the type used on the tractor. At least all I'd have to do is tap or push the ends. I'd have to keep a boot over the female fittings though. I think I was charged almost $50 for the female fitting on my extension hoses. Hopefully the tractor type will be cheaper.

/ Relieving Hydraulic Pressure - Best Method? #30  
I noted that I didn't say they will go on super-easy; maybe I should have set expectations a bit better.

I still have to use a fair amount of force to keep the sleeve on the female end open while pushing the male end in. Without following the previous steps I simply couldn't apply enough force, and I can bench 450lbs!!