Remote control forklift mast ?

/ Remote control forklift mast ? #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Any ideas appreciated. I want to remotely raise and lower the forklift mast when I am on the work platform. But I also want the levers to operate like they do now from the drivers seat... :unsure:

/ Remote control forklift mast ? #2  
I've used a long stick in the past. Two ropes would also work and make it more flexible.

Although, if you want something more "civilized", you could use some sort of actuator and a remote control like those used with winches.

/ Remote control forklift mast ? #3  
   / Remote control forklift mast ?
I've used a long stick in the past. Two ropes would also work and make it more flexible.

Although, if you want something more "civilized", you could use some sort of actuator and a remote control like those used with winches.
Being a primitive by nature I've considered sticks and ropes. That is still not out of the question.

/ Remote control forklift mast ? #6  
Forgive my lack of hydraulic design comprehension, would this device go inline for the 'lift' function and be an aux control via remote?
I am not a designer either, but it seems that you could run a cable to a couple of pushbuttons in the basket to operate hydraulic solenoids to the mast cylinder. Probably best asked in the Hydraulics forum.

/ Remote control forklift mast ? #7  
I presume that you would require fine movement control from the remote same as manually feathering the levers. To do that function electrically requires using proportional valve(s). If no fine movement is required then standard on- off solenoids would suffice.

Definitely - Fine control is needed/ I certainly do not want any big up or down movements with me in the cage

/ Remote control forklift mast ? #9  
Any ideas appreciated. I want to remotely raise and lower the forklift mast when I am on the work platform. But I also want the levers to operate like they do now from the drivers seat... :unsure:
Talk to your forklift supplier. You don't provide enough info on what you are using currently.

Google portable electric forklift. Some come with electric remotes and man baskets doing exactly what you are looking for.

I'm using a CAT P25 with off pavement capability that we use for business and ranch work.

Attachments

• Cat.PNG
    Cat.PNG
    143.6 KB · Views: 82