remote lever no longer locks into place

/ remote lever no longer locks into place #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
I have a 2006 CK25 gear with a Rhino 75 backhoe that is powered from remote ports. For the past 8+ years, the remote actuation lever has worked as expected: locks on with detent in one direction and is momentary in the other. Today I installed the backhoe for the first time in about a year. When I went to use it the remote would not lock on. I had to rig it to hold the lever in the on position so I could use the hoe today. Hoe seems to be getting full flow as rigged.

I haven't used the remote port at all since I last had the hoe on, and it worked fine the last time I used it. I do keep a loopback hose on it when the hoe is off, and that has been on for about a year. But, the remote is seldom (never) actuated without the hoe. Anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

/ remote lever no longer locks into place #2  
The detent mechanism probably broke or finally wore out. They are rebuildable, and not too hard to do. Usually some bearings and springs are used to create the detent effect. It's all contained in a tube mounted on the valve block, at the end of the spool arrangement. Normally you can unscrew the tube to get at the detent mechanism.

/ remote lever no longer locks into place
I took the detent out last night. There are supposed to be 3 small and one larger ball bearing and a spring that together operate the detent. The big bearing was non-existent in mine. I guess it disintegrated???? I got a diagram of the valve from Michigan Iron's website to order replacement bearings/spring. One thing that puzzles me is that there is a "plug" shown with an integral hex nut. My plug is just round with no nut, and I cannot get it apart from the "cover" or end screw. Parts seems OK though. Just wondering if I should replace the whole plug/cover thing while I'm at it. Given the new one is different, will it even fit?

I called 4 dealers today to inquire about the parts. One, who has been a Kioti dealer for 25+ years, said the parts weren't sold separately; that I had to buy the whole valve. Just another reminder why I didn't buy from them to begin with. Two dealers knew the parts, looked them up and gave me a price. Shipping costs for such tiny parts was ridiculous in both cases!

The 4th was a BobCat dealer and seemed perplexed that I would inquire with them about Kioti parts (the BC dealer is <1 mile from my house) and was unwilling to try to figure out what parts I wanted over the phone; fair enough, I guess. I keep trying to give them my business, but I don't think they know much about these tractors whether BC or Kioti.

I asked the two dealers that were helpful about why my plug and cover was different from the parts shown in the exploded view (hex nut vs. round). They didn't seem to know, and kind of dismissed it. So, I gave up on getting that clarified. I ended up buying the whole end assembly: plug, cover, screw, nut, bearings, and spring just to be sure I had compatible parts. Hopefully, I can piece together parts that work. I think I'll take and post photos of the two plugs/covers when I get the new parts so that maybe someone else can benefit from what I find.

/ remote lever no longer locks into place #5  
Yeah, keep us posted. Hopefully the new detent setup will swap right in.

Wouldn't be the first time I have heard of mismatches between parts diagrams and what's on the tractor. The real test will be what the replacement parts match -- hopefully the valve in your case!

/ remote lever no longer locks into place #6  
Believe it or not, most Bobcat dealers do not know that their compact tractors were built by the same parent company of Kioti, Daudong, and that a lot of parts are interchangeable.

Just politely inform them the parts are interchangeable and you would like to do business with them. You can go on the Bobcat web site and look up the parts online (need IE Explorer though) and give them their parts numbers. Your twin is the Bobcat CT 225 I believe, but you probably know that.

Well I spent $56 on new springs and bearings, but couldn't get it to work. I just succeeded in damaging 3 springs. I must of put it together 100 times trying to get it right. Part of the problem is that the parts I took off aren't like the replacement parts, and I have two diagrams for the same Kioti detent kit. One kit uses a larger diameter spring and the other uses 2 springs. Now I have no functioning springs and I'm reticent to pay the shipping to get more just to damage them too. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or maybe I don't have the right parts. So for now I've been using it like it is, with a piece of hardwood jammed in to hold in on for the backhoe. But, I really like to keep everything working. Hope someone can help. Dealers haven't been much use so far.

/ remote lever no longer locks into place #8  
Do you have any larger agg dealerships nearby. I mean like Massy, Kubota or Deer. Or do a phone search for hydraulic shops. They may be able to help as most valves operate the same. You may need to take it off, but I am sure someone could help.

Also post this on the Hydraulics forum as a specific valve topic with pictures if you have them. Many there could help, especially J_J