Remote Start on JD???

/ Remote Start on JD??? #1  

jgrreed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4720
Are any of you as lazy as me and considered putting a remote starter on your machine for the winter time??? She'll be plugged in, of course, but it will be an awfully long walk just to start it up....... OK, it's only about 100 yards, but still.....

-Jer.

/ Remote Start on JD??? #2  
100 yards! That's a marathon! Truly lazy would be building attached storage.

/ Remote Start on JD??? #3  
100 yards! That's a marathon! Truly lazy would be building attached storage.

The truly lazy would hire someone to plow the snow for them. Or better yet, get is wife to hire someone to plow the snow. :p

But as for the starter; I think that really depends on the tractor. I don't think it would work on my 5303 because it is just a simple mechanical starter. There is no feedback to tell the remote starter that the tractor has actually started.

Perhaps this could be made to work on the fancy pants 4x20 and 3x20 series machines with their electronic engine management systems.

/ Remote Start on JD??? #4  
If it's plugged in, it really doesn't need warmed up. Get on it, and get to work!! :)

/ Remote Start on JD??? #5  
Are any of you as lazy as me and considered putting a remote starter on your machine for the winter time??? She'll be plugged in, of course, but it will be an awfully long walk just to start it up....... OK, it's only about 100 yards, but still.....

-Jer.
What good is warming it up before you go out to use it when it's still going to be just as cold out there operating it.
It ain't zactly like a car with a heater.

/ Remote Start on JD???
What good is warming it up before you go out to use it when it's still going to be just as cold out there operating it.
It ain't zactly like a car with a heater.

I'm not worried about me..... I'm selfless..... LOL!!!

I've got more than enough polar fleece and Gore-Tex to keep me warm!! It's the machine I want to give time to warm up.

-Jer.

/ Remote Start on JD??? #7  

-Jer.
It wouldn't be any warmer operating it ; but at least you wouldn't have to hang around out in the cold wating for it to warm up!

:cool:

/ Remote Start on JD??? #8  
A very valid question, I think, has any of you done this? Greg.

/ Remote Start on JD??? #9  

-Jer.
100 yards, in the winter - I have trouble with 100 feet in the snow! LOL!