Remote temperature sensor/monitor??

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
We expect to be away for an extended period this winter and I would like to find a quality remote temperature monitor device of some kind that we could use to check temperatures in our house at home remotely.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #2  
We expect to be away for an extended period this winter and I would like to find a quality remote temperature monitor device of some kind that we could use to check temperatures in our house at home remotely.

Check out Home Sitter, it may work for you, will tell you if your house gets cold or your power is out. Has a water detector too.. Won't tell you the temp thou, but its cheep and works well. Cell version cost more.

ETA, it will call you when there is a problem.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #3  
My Honeywell remote thermostat has been very reliable. Gives me current temp and humidity. Obviously I can adjust as needed too. But if you didn’t want it hooked to your HVAC it runs on a few AA batteries. Can’t recommend them highly enough. I have several products that I access remotely- these have been rock solid while other products have not....

I have 3 of these

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #4  
There are many out there. The Avtech Room Alert can monitor temp, humidity, power, water/flood, and any other external sensor you wish to add. These include motion, door/window, smoke detector, etc. It can txt or email you and there is a web interface. It is more of a commercial system so it is pricey and they charge for the web interface.
Sinope smart thermostats have email alarms in addition to all the great programmed and remote control functions. It has a free web and app based remote access. It is really maturing and they continue to add function.
OOMA home VOIP phone has security add-ons.

I have used all three, except for the OOMA security add-ons.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #5  
We got a Temp Stick Wireless Temperature & Humidity monitors that allows us to monitor an empty house over time. Was easy to set up very long lasting battery use. You get a spreadsheet visible on an app that contains a history based on how frequent you have it upload a reading. You can set alerts if the temperature or humidity go outside your parameter you set.

We tried and returned the Inkbird wireless device because we couldn’t get it too work.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #6  
   / Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #7  
If you are thinking about the WIFI thermostat, check with your local utility companies for rebates. I bought a $85 Honeywell thermostat and got $50 from the electric and $50 from the gas company since they were not the same, so made money. Haha. It went in the pole barn so I can turn the heat up before I go out.

Year is almost up, so you can do it for 2019 and 2020 and they don't care. This year I bought the T5+ for the house. The geofencing doesn't work worth crap, but probably not what you are looking for.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #8  
I killed two birds with one wifi tilt/pan camera $39.
Sits in window overlooking driveway and back yard and notifies me if any activity via iphone and can pan the camera to look at the kitchen cabinet where an indoor temperature/humidify monitor sits.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor??
Appreciate all the suggestions! Obviously need to do some more research but at least now I'm aware that there's a number of options out there that might work for us.

/ Remote temperature sensor/monitor?? #10  
I killed two birds with one wifi tilt/pan camera $39.
Sits in window overlooking driveway and back yard and notifies me if any activity via iphone and can pan the camera to look at the kitchen cabinet where an indoor temperature/humidify monitor sits.

I do this too!

Adjustments.jpg